EcoCAR2 Training Resources
- Vehicle Architecture and Hardware Component Modeling
- Vehicle and Design Optimization
- Control Design and Simulation
- System and Component Testing and Validation
- Rapid Prototyping and Hardware-in-the Loop Testing
- Controller Implementation with Automatic Code Generation
Controller Implementation with Automatic Code Generation
Once the design of the control algorithm has been validated to be both behaviorally and mathematically correct, the next step is to deploy the algorithm to an embedded processor. MathWorks provides Real-Time Workshop and Real-Time Workshop Embedded Coder for automatically generating highly efficient C/C++ code from control models. The generated code is capable of running on virtually any microprocessor or real-time operating system (RTOS). This code can be integrated back into Simulink for software-in-the-loop testing, or deployed directly to a supported microprocessor for processor-in-the-loop testing.
Full traceability between the requirements/specifications, the model, test vectors, and the C/C++ code can easily be included through user defined links, thereby ensuring that design choices made earlier in the development cycle are fully documented within the generated code. The ability to navigate through all phases of a design provides the engineers responsible for testing, deploying, and integrating C/C++ code full access to the insight of the entire multi-disciplinary design team during the final test and calibration phase. The insight into the model coupled with the ability to automatically generate C Code will allow the design to remain flexible to change even up to the final stages of deployment.
Code generation, Validation, and Verification Tool
- Real-Time Workshop: Generate C code from Simulink models and MATLAB code
- Embedded Coder: Generate C and C++ code optimized for embedded systems
- Stateflow Coder: Generate C code from Stateflow charts
- Simulink Verification and Validation: Verify models and generated code
- Target Support Package: Deploy generated code onto embedded processors, microcontrollers, and DSPs
- Embedded IDE Link: Build, optimize, and verify code using embedded software development environments
- Introduction to Simulink Coder (3:00)
- Introduction to Embedded Coder (3:55)
- Automotive Powertrain Control System (17:21)
- C Code Generation from Fixed-Point Models (5:50)
- Generate C Code from MATLAB Functions Using the Embedded MATLAB Subset (67:31)
- Production Code Generation and Verification for the Automotive Industry (43:29)
- Converting Models from Floating to Fixed Point for Production Code Generation
- Embedded Steer-by-Wire System Development
- Caterpillar Automatic Code Generation
- Float- to Fixed-Point ECU Development
- Target Optimized Code
With more than 10,000 submissions, MATLAB Central, the MathWorks hosted file exchange, is an extensive source of user-contributed materials.
Contact us for more information.