International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS)
The 2014 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2014) will be held in Chicago, Illinois, USA, September 14–18, 2014. The program will integrate workshops and tutorials, plenaries, mini-plenaries, interactive sessions, exhibits, robot demonstrations, an industrial innovation showcase, and social activities for attendees and guests. For more information visit http://www.iros2014.org/.
Title: Robot Operating System (ROS) Support from MATLAB
Speakers: Ren Sang Nah (MathWorks), and Yanliang Zhang (MathWorks)
Date: Sunday, September 14, 2014
Time: 1:30p.m. - 5:00p.m.
Abstract: In this tutorial, we will demonstrate how MATLAB® interacts with the Robot Operating System (ROS) using a new I/O Package. The package provides an API for creating ROS nodes in MATLAB that operate and communicate based on ROS’s publisher/subscriber mechanism. The ROS I/O Package has the following key features:
(1) Enable creation of ROS nodes, publishers, and subscribers directly from MATLAB;
(2) Enable creation of ROS messages from MATLAB;
(3) Enable publishers to publish MATLAB data to their advertised topics;
(4) Enable subscribers to execute arbitrary, user-defined MATLAB functions when messages are received;
(5) Enable launching of a ROS Master in MATLAB. In addition, we will also demonstrate how to develop robotics applications with TurtleBot, Husky from Clearpath Robotics and Baxter from Rethink Robotics inside MATLAB using this I/O.
Register at http://www.iros2014.org/registration,-travel,-local/registration