Senior Engineer - FPGA/HDL Coder
- US-CA-Torrance (Related locations: El Segundo, Los Angeles, Southern California)
- Job Function:
- Engineering Services
- Job Number:
- Aerospace and Defense
We are seeking a Design Engineer that understands both Embedded Software and Hardware development. Knowledge of common programming languages such as C/C++ and also Verilog and VHDL is one of the requirements for this position. A successful candidate would also be familiar with Systems Engineering and have knowledge of Simulink and MATLAB.
This role is a full-time staff position, based in Torrance, CA or Novi, MI
As a Customer Facing Engineer, you will be responsible for interacting with prospective customers, generating excitement, confidence and passion for the usage of Model-Based-Design within their organization. Model-Based-Design includes the use of MathWorks' MATLAB, Simulink and HDL Coder products for deployment in complex control and algorithmic applications.
- Work directly with select customers to establish project road maps and technical procedures for Model-Based-Design deployments ensuring successful revenue growth in these important markets.
- Establish deployment requirements and work with other development engineers to implement required features or determine how to most effectively use existing features toward giving customers a clear perspective on the value of the products.
- Establish technical procedures designed to ease the rollout of capabilities and solutions for solving complex deployment problems.
- Periodic air and ground travel for customer presentations and planning discussions is required 10%-15%. Occasional international travel may also be required.
- Work closely with sales teams and other customer facing staff focused on a fast-paced and continually evolving strategy
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience, or master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree is required.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Experience with HDL's
- Expertise with FPGA's
- This position requires “US Citizenship” due to the nature of the customers served.
- Experience with using MATLAB and Simulink for signal processing and/or hardware development
- Strong desire and ability to work with customers and turn their needs into actionable plans leading to the successful deployment of MathWorks solutions
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects with ability to multi-task based upon frequently changing business opportunities and external demands
- Prior automatic code generation tool experience
- Fixed-point development experience
- Knowledge of System Verilog and hardware verification
- At least 2 years of system level design of digital hardware for numeric application (FPGA/ASIC)
- At least 2 years of MATLAB or Simulink experience
- Experience with working in a customer-facing role
MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 2800 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.