Senior Software Test Infrastructure Developer
- US-MA-Natick (Related locations: Framingham, Worcester, Metro West, Boston, Massachusetts, New England)
- Job Function:
- Software Development
- Job Number:
As a member of the Testing Infrastructure and Architecture team, you will be a resource for bringing new test automation technology and software testing strategies into the company. In addition, you will collaborate with Quality Engineering and Software Development teams to create and evolve policies, best practices, and testing frameworks for distributed systems testing.
As a Senior Software Test Infrastructure Engineer focusing on web applications, you will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of next generation tooling and infrastructure for testing web applications and services. You will develop software test tools for all aspects of web applications, including user interfaces, performance, and stress testing, building on existing tools such as Selenium and JMeter.
- Contribute to team designs, specifications, and code reviews
- Identify and initiate new projects for meeting testing needs and functionality
- Apply prior experience in testing Web Services, Software/Platform as a Service (SaaS/PaaS) products, or Cloud-based products to design new tools and processes
- Consult with product teams on test strategy and design
- Apply appropriate analysis and modeling techniques to understand the context and scope of the business processes/functions and the supporting information systems
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience, or master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree is required.
- Experience with test automation tools (e. g. Selenium, JMeter, Silk)
- Experience developing and extending automated software testing tools
- Hands on experience with Java and JUnit
- Experience with continuous integration systems (Hudson/Jenkins, TeamCity, etc)
- Experience in both black box and white box testing methodologies
- Experience with virtualization using VMware and/or Xen.
- Experience in deployment and testing of n-tier applications
- Experience testing large scale enterprise products
- Knowledge of Integration Design Patterns
MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 2800 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.