Web Administrator / DevOps Engineer (Cloud/SaaS)
- US-MA-Natick (Related locations: Framingham, Worcester, Metro West, Boston, Massachusetts, New England)
- Job Function:
- Business Applications
- Job Number:
Do you have a passion for Cloud and Software as a Service Applications that run on Amazon Web Services or VMware? Do you have technical expertise with Web and Java Application Servers, Linux/UNIX? Do you enjoy scripting, automation and working with configuration management tools like Puppet/Chef or monitoring tools like Nagios? If so, become part of our Website and Cloud Operations group that is actively involved in the development and operations of our Cloud/SaaS products. We need people responsible for production, development and test infrastructure administration across several geographic locations:
- Java, Ruby on Rails and Apache Server Administration (Glassfish, Weblogic, Tomcat, Passenger)
- Cloud and virtualization based technologies (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, VMWare, vCloud)
- Linux/UNIX Administration (Ubuntu and RedHat/CentOS)
- Developing and supporting cloud infrastructure designs and implementations and being directly involved in the software development process
- Support always-available cloud based software as a service (SaaS) applications and corporate web presence
- Supporting application deployments. Building new systems and upgrading and patching existing ones.
- Using monitoring tools to find problems, resolve and/or escalate to development
- Build and manage development and testing environments, assisting developers in debugging application issues using tools
- Participate in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure
- Contribute to the creation of system support documents such as run books used by our NOC
- Leverage scripting (BASH, Ruby) to build required automation and tools on an adhoc basis.
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Java Application Server administration and tuning experience (e.g. Glassfish, Weblogic, Tomcat, Websphere)
- Linux administration experience (e.g. Ubuntu, RedHat/CentOS) with a focus on web (Apache/Nginx)
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, JDBC, Servlet/JSP, SQL, HTML, XML
- Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Solid experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies such as EC2, RDS, DynamoDB and S3 (a strong plus)
- Prior experience with Cloud or Virtualization technologies (e.g. Docker, VMware, Xen)
- Experience administering Ruby on Rails/Passenger applications
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios, Tivoli, Wily, BMC)
- Java development experience
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 3000 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.