Send and receive messages over CAN bus
Controller Area Network (CAN network) is a vehicle bus standard that allows microcontrollers and devices to communicate with each other within a vehicle. CAN is a message-based protocol originally designed for automotive applications, but it is also used in other areas such as industrial automation.
MATLAB and Simulink together with Vehicle Network Toolbox let you:
- Connect your PC to your CAN network using a variety of supported CAN interface hardware.
- Send and receive CAN messages over your CAN network
- Send and receive messages using XCP protocol
- Filter CAN messages
- Use CAN database files to encode and decode messages
- Generate code from CAN Simulink blocks
Examples and How To
CAN Bus Communication from Simulink
CAN Bus Communication from MATLAB
See also: Data Acquisition, Test and Measurement