The Instrument Control Toolbox™ supports the use of instruments and communication via the following interfaces. The table lists the interface support by platform. Notes after the table contain more specific information.
|Feature||64-bit MATLAB on Windows||64-bit MATLAB on Mac OS||64-bit MATLAB on Linux|
|VISA 3||supported 1||supported on one vendor 1, 3||supported 1|
|GPIB 4||supported 1||supported 1|
|I2C 5||supported 1||supported 1||supported 1|
|SPI 5||supported 1||supported 1||supported 1|
|Quick-Control Oscilloscope, Quick-Control Function Generator, Quick-Control RF Signal Generator||supported 2||supported 2||supported 2|
|MATLAB Instrument Drivers||supported||supported||supported|
|MATLAB Instrument Drivers made using IVI-C drivers and Instrument Wrappers for IVI-C drivers||supported 1|
1. Dependent on support by third-party vendor driver for the hardware on this platform.
2. Dependent on third-party vendor support of platform when using an IVI-driver with Quick-Control Oscilloscope or Quick-Control Function Generator.
3. Requires Agilent®, National Instruments®, Tektronix®, or TAMS VISA compliant with VISA specification 5.0 or higher for any platform. Only National Instruments VISA is supported on macOS. The other vendors’ VISA support does not include macOS.
4. Requires Keysight™ (formerly Agilent), ICS Electronics™, Measurement Computing™ (MCC), ADLINK Technology, or National Instruments hardware and driver.
5. Requires Aardvark or National Instruments hardware and driver.
6. Bluetooth Serial Port Profile only.
See http://www.mathworks.com/hardware-support/instrument-control-software.html for a complete list of supported hardware.