I use MISRA-C and MISRA AC ACG and would like to find more information about how to best use MathWorks code generation tools within the MISRA-C "Guidelines for the use of the C language in vehicle based software." and MISRA AC ACG “Guidelines for the Application of MISRA-C:2004 in the Context of Automatic Code Generation.”
You can find information regarding MathWorks support for MISRA-C at the following link:
For inquiries about using MISRA-C and MISRA AC ACG with Simulink, Stateflow, or Embedded Coder, contact MathWorks Technical Support at:
Follow the steps below to create a new support request.
1. From the menu on the left side, choose 'Create New Service Request'.
2. Select the options 'Technical Support', 'Request general technical support', and 'Code Generation from Simulink / Real-Time Workshop'.
3. Fill in as much detail as possible on the forms to allow us to provide information relevant to your version of MATLAB and Simulink.
4. In the Problem Description and Details section, indicate that you have an active or planned MISRA project and are willing to provide feedback on MathWorks MISRA support.
5. In the Problem Description section, include the reference to the Article #000004015 and Article #000042695
Note that MathWorks has a MISRA-C:2004 checker as part of our Polyspace code verification products:
Polyspace offers a unique and powerful capability that detects run-time errors (such as divide by zero) as specified in MISRA C:2004 Rule 21.1.
For information about MISRA-C provided by the Motor Industry Software Reliability Association, visit: