Problem 453. resistor ladder
- You have a bunch (an odd number N) of identical resistors (each R ohms), a good battery (V volts), and a high impedance voltmeter.
- Create a ladder as follows.
- Connect negative terminal of the battery to ground.
- Connect positive terminal of the battery to one resistor. Connect other end of this resistor to two resistors.
- Connect other end of the second resistor to ground. Connect other end of the third resistor to two resistors and keep building similarly as long as possible.
- Connect the last end of the last resistor to the voltmeter and measure the reading with reference to ground.
- Please give the general solution. The test suite may change.
13 solvers submitted 50 solutions (3.85 solutions/solver).