The PIVMat Toolbox for Matlab contains a set of command-line functions to import, post-process and analyse 2- and 3-components vector fields from PIV (particle image velocimetry), stereo-PIV, DIC (digital image correlation) SS (synthetic schlieren) or BOS (background-oriented schlieren) applications.
It is compatible with several data formats, including DaVis (LaVision) and DynamicStudio (Dantec).
The PIVMat Toolbox enables to handle and perform complex operations over large amount of velocity fields, and to produce high-quality vector/scalar outputs. This toolbox in itself does not perform any PIV computations.
- Import vector fields from PIV (Particle Image Velocimetry) or other related technics, such as DIC (Digital Image Correlation), SS and BOS (Synthetic Schlieren and Background-oriented Schlieren).
- Compatibale with files from DaVis (LaVision GmbH), DynamicStudio (Dantec), DPIVSoft (Meunier & Leweke), VidPIV (Oxford Laser), MatPIV (J. Kristian Sveen) and Optical Flow.
- Standard vector field operations: interpolation, filtering (median, Butterworth...), averaging (temporal, spatial, azimuthal...), derivatives computation (vorticity, divergence, strain, Q-factor...)
- Fully vectorized: all operations directly apply on arrays of fields (no for loops)
- More than 60 functions with full on-line documentation; sample fields included.
- High-quality vector and scalar output based on Matlab visualization tools: 2D and 3D fields (meshes, surfaces...), movies (AVI), contour plots...
- Advanced statistics: Histograms, correlation functions, vector and scalar structure functions, power spectra, integral scales, joint probability density functions...
- Support for FS-SS (Free-Surface Synthetic Schlieren) applications for surface wave reconstructions (including production of random dot patterns)
- Full support of DaVis files (VEC, VC7, IMX, IM7, EXP, SET) and file attributes (Acquisition times, PIV parameters...)
- Works on all platforms: Windows/Unix/Mac.
See http://www.fast.u-psud.fr/pivmat/ for the installation procedure.