The following implementation steps have been made for the devised algorithm, which is based on 2D-wavelet.
1. Reading an image of either gray scale or RGB image.
2. Converting the image into grayscale if the image is RGB.
3. Decomposition of images using wavelets for the level N.
4. Selecting and assigning a wavelet for compression.
5. Generating threshold coefficients using Birge-Massart strategy.
6. Performing the image compression using wavelets.
7. Computing and displaying the results such as compressed image, retained energy and Zero coefficients.
8. Decompression the image based on the wavelet decomposition structure.
9. Plotting the reconstructed image.
10. Computing and displaying the size of original image, compressed image and decompressed image.
Your programm is very helpful for me. But I have one question:
why compressed picture is not saved in the file compressed.*?
Compression effect is visible in the matlab chart, but not by the windows picture preview (for example).
Please give me a hint how to save compressed picture to the file.