Design of a robust digital controller with PPR toolbox
This script shows the basic steps for the "digital two degrees of freedom controller" (2DOF) design with the PPR toolbox.
The illustration of our methodology is based on a difficult plant control. To get a 2DOF controller, only 2 "high level" parameters that have deterministic action on the closed-loop performances are required.
Taking account in the modelisation of the external signals that act on the plant lead to a controller with better performances than a classical PID regulator.
The action on 2 high-level parameters give the user a powerfull tool to deal clearly with the performance/robustness dilemma : the more closed-loop performances (in a disturbance rejection meaning) the more sensitivity to uncertainties on the plant’s model that can lead to unstability.
Required installation :
* the PPR directories must be set in the Matlab path. * the Matlab CONTROL toolbox is required.
Required background :
* frequential analysis ; * discrete time controller ; * SISO (single input single output) continuous time control theory.
Not required but ...
* SISO space state controllers ; * SISO dynamic state observers ; * polynomial controllers and their resolution with Bezout equation solver.
* Computer controlled systems, theory and design - K.J. Astrom and B. Wittenmark - 3rd edition 1997, Prentice Hall.
* Automatique - P. de Larminat - 2nd edition 1996, Hermès.
* Gilles Bailly, LCAR UMR5589 CNRS, 118 route de Narbonne, Toulouse, France
Last revision :
Download apps, toolboxes, and other File Exchange content using Add-On Explorer in MATLAB.