Code covered by the BSD License
ISFID says if file IDs are valid or not
ISREALTERMHANDLE returns true or false if it is a real term handle or not
ISREALTERMINSTALLED checks if its installed or no
ISRUNNING checks if a serial or timer object is running/open or not
ISSTRING tests for row vector character array
- realterm(serialObject, va...REALTERM generates an ActiveX object from a previously configured serial
- realtermfclose(handle, ca...REALTERMFCLOSE closes communication with the Realterm serial object
- realtermfgetl(handle, cap...REALTERMFGETL reads out a "line" up to the terminator specified, but
REALTERMFOPEN connects like fopen does with serial objects (more like
- realtermfprintf(handle, i...REALTERMFPRINTF sends a command to the serial device via realterm.
- realtermfread(handle, cap...REALTERMFREAD used similarly to fread with serial objects
- realtermfscanf(handle, ca...REALTERMSCANF reads out a "line" up to the terminator specified,
- realtermfwrite(handle, in...REALTERMFWRITE sends a command to the serial device via realterm.
REALTERMSERIAL works similar to serial objects, although currently only
View all files
Realterm communications suite
06 Jan 2010
(Updated 19 Jun 2013)
Use Realterm in a similar way to using the MATLAB "serial" commands and instrument control toolbox.
|realtermfgetl(handle, captureFileID, terminator, timeOut, varargin)
function output = realtermfgetl(handle, captureFileID, terminator, timeOut, varargin)
% REALTERMFGETL reads out a "line" up to the terminator specified, but
% excludes the terminator from the output. This is essentially a wrapper
% for realtermfscanf, with only a minor change to the outputs.
% reads out a line
output = realtermfscanf(handle, captureFileID, terminator, timeOut, varargin);
% define the range where the terminator might be
terminatorRange = (numel(output) - numel(terminator) + 1) : numel(output);
% if the end of the line matches the terminator, then remove those
if strcmp(output(terminatorRange), terminator)
% then remove those parts
output = output(1:end - numel(terminator));