This functions goal generate a mosaic image based on a single (usually large) main image, and multiple small tile images. A large mosaic image will be randomly generated from the multiple tile images. The resulting mosaic image will be combined with the main image, forming the desired result. The ratio between images “strength” is defined by the Overlay Ratio ranging between [0:1]. Smaller value will make the large main image be dominant, while larger Overlay Ratio will make the mosaic image (formed from tiles images) more obvious, at the expense of the main image. The user can (and should) define regions with different Overlay Ratio values. For example when the main image is a portrait, the Overlay Ratio value around the face should be small (about 0.2), while it can be high about 0.7) in other less important areas. The user can also resize the final image, sharpen the small images, convert them to color (RGB) or Gray images, if needed.
The program was inspired by this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3af_HyhLI4 . After a few attempts via Photoshop I’ve decided to switch to a field where I feel more confident (Matlab), and enjoyed doing it. Later on I’ve seen the other Matlab based implementation, some better than mine, but I believe mine can be useful to someone as well.
You should either install the app, and pressing the app button will run the mosaic, or run the "NS_mosaic_main.m" function, when the functions folder is in Matlab path. You'll be shown relevant dialog menus- follow the instructions...
Good morning Claz.
You should either install the app, and pressing the app button will run the mosaic, or run the "NS_mosaic_main.m" function.
If running "NS_mosaic_main.m" still shows errors, please send me the error text
I'm a starter in MatLab, the few things i know about it are the basics, for math operations, and i founded very interesting that you can mke your own scripts and share it, I found this pretty interesting but as the newbie i am, im going to ask you for help to use it, i already download the codes, so, what else? i'll appreciate it.
- Better GUI for sub images choosing.
- Better GUI- sub-image size.
- Compatibility issue with R2011b (fileparts) resolved.
07 Feb 2012
- Compatibility with R2011b (fileparts outputs change) resolved.
- Integration of "List of files form directories/files list or browser" allows flexible choice of sub-image files/directories.
- sub-image size GUI updated.
14 Feb 2012
Some bugs fixed, some new features added or modified.
15 Feb 2013
- Packed into an App, for easier use.
- Files selection function modified
05 Mar 2013
- some documentation inprovements
- filesListFromInput changed to support recursive files listing via (slightly modified) fuf.m thanks to Francesco di Pierro.