This program exports a Matlab figure to PowerPoint and converts it into a group of PowerPoint objects. It then edits various object properties directly in PowerPoint, such that the figure can be easily modified without disrupting appearance, alignment, etc.
(See Screenshot for summary)
- Exports using an added button on the Matlab toolbar or using command line code.
- Applies proper alignment and anchoring to all axis labels, tick labels and text boxes, such that they don't become misaligned following figure resizing or font changes in PowerPoint.
- Identifies logarithmic and scientific notation axes and applies superscripts in PowerPoint. This prevents the splitting of each superscripted label into two text boxes, which occurs during standard copy-pasting into PowerPoint.
- Converts each TEX-formatted textbox into a single properly formatted PowerPoint textbox. This prevents the splitting of TEX boxes into multiple objects. Converts all special TEX characters to Unicode.
- Removes unnecessary background color/outline objects that result from standard copy-pasting and instead edits these PowerPoint features directly.
- Combines pieces of each trace into a single PowerPoint group object to allow easy editing.
- Allows exporting object-dense parts of the figure as bitmaps, while leaving other parts in editable metafile format.
- Allows specifying the image resolution of both metafile and bitmap figure parts.
- Allows specifying the PowerPoint slide to which the figure is exported.
- Allows specifying the size and position of the exported figure.
- Allows grouping objects for speed and bulk-editing in PowerPoint.