LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT (mindstorms.lego.com/) is a robotics invention system for creating and controlling robots using programmable motors and sensors.
In R2012b, Simulink provides built-in support for prototyping, testing, and running models on LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT robots. You can design algorithms in Simulink for control systems and robotics applications then see them perform with hardware.
To install support for LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT, at the MATLAB command prompt, type "targetinstaller". Target Installer opens.
• If you did not download the support package, choose Internet. Target Installer automatically downloads and installs the support package.
• If you did download the support package, choose Folder. After you specify a location, Target Installer installs this support package.
Simulink support for LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT includes the following I/O driver blocks:
• Microphone and speaker
• Input sensors, including light, color, touch, and ultrasonic
• Output sensors, such as servo motor and LCD
• Send and receive using Bluetooth wireless connections between multiple LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT robots
For more information on LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT support, see:
For more information on built-in hardware support, see:
For R2012a support, see:
Alternatively, type "targetinstaller" at the R2012a MATLAB command prompt and choose Internet.