This is a program illustrating Hamming with 5 options:
1) Illustrated error correction walkthrough: takes a string input from the user and does the error induction, detection and correction step by step on screen.
2) Add parity bits to string: Asks the user to input a binary string and outputs the string with the added correct parity bits.
3) Remove parity bits from string: Asks the user to input a binary string and outputs the string with the parity bits removed.
4) How many parity bits does a string that is X long need?: Asks the user to input a string length (integer), outputs the number of parity bits a string of that length needs for Hamming.
5) Generate Hamming matrix: Asks the user to input a string length (integer) and generates a Hamming matrix, like the one that can be seen here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamming_code#General_algorithm
Download apps, toolboxes, and other File Exchange content using Add-On Explorer in MATLAB.