This functions goal is to return a list (cell array) of names of sub-folders located under user defined folders list. The input should be a a cell array of parent directories names. The function also supports input of a single directory name string.
Alternatively, the user can choose the folders using the OS explorer- by enabling the 'flagGUI' input.
- It is not recursive but iterative.
- It does not change the current folder (not using "cd" command).
- It uses "ls" function, which is supposed to be faster than "dir" function.
- According to some measurements I've made it runs faster than the alternatives.
- I also believe it is clearly written and documented, so it should be easy to understand and maintain.
You are 100% correct. I've exported the sub-function "folderFullPath", and forgot to add the file to this submission. Please get the updated version, once it is uploaded.
In case of problems, do not hesitate to contact me.
Does not work on Matlab R2014a.
"Undefined function 'folderFullPath' for input arguments of type 'char'."
Sub function was exported to a stand alone function for use in other scenarios.
Inspired by: SUBDIR *new*
Download apps, toolboxes, and other File Exchange content using Add-On Explorer in MATLAB.