The software Blender® is used to create and edit the geometries used for the simulation in Matlab. This was the adopted method since the CAD functionalities in Matlab are limited and insufficient for the needs of this demanding simulation program. The common ground is the text files where the geometry information is recorded.
Another use of Blender with this toolbox is for the visualization of acoustic fields.
The scripts included with this release of the NumSim toolbox are to be used with Blender version 2.49b. To be used, the folder where they are located should be specified in the "File Paths". By opening a window "Scripts window", these scripts are found in the scripts menu.
- IdentifyEdgesSelectedByVertexIndex.py: Export/Get vertex index of edges selected. Write, in a text box and in the operating system's clipboard, the pairs of vertex index making the edges selected. This script requires the installation of Python on the system.
- IdentifyVertexIndex.py: Export/Get vertex index. Write, in a text box and in the operating system's clipboard, the index of the vertex selected. This script requires the installation of Python on the system.
- IdentifyVertexIndex_tofile.py: Export/Get vertex index (file writing). Write, in a text box and in a text file, the index of the vertex selected.
- IdentifyVertexInsideSurface.py: Mesh/Points inside closed surface. Will select the points inside the closed surface selected.
- ReadCADMatlab.py: Import/Read file of geometry informations and Pts_coord. Read a text file with the geometry information and coordinates of 3D points.
- WriteCADMatlab.py: Export/Write CAD file Matlab. Write the information of the geometry in a file to use with NumSim.
- ReadUSbeam.py: (is used by ReadUSbeam_GUI.py)
- ReadUSbeam_GUI.py: Import/Read file of US beam. Read a binary file of a spatio-temporal US beam.
- USbeam_FrameChanged.py: (is used by ReadUSbeam.py). Script used to update the display of the US beams when the frame is changed.
- USbeam_Render.py: (is used by Script Links). Script used to update the display of the US beams when the rendering process is started and ended.
- ViewUSBeamNames.py: Misc/View US beam names. View the names of the loaded US beams.
- pyperclip.py: (is used by IdentifyEdgesSelectedByVertexIndex.py and IdentifyVertexIndex.py). This script has been written by Al Sweigart.
- ReadSVF.py: Read file of fields (scalar & vector). Read a binary file of scalar and vector fields.
The documentation of the objects and methods of Blender are available on the Blender web site, under "Education & Help".
Copyright 2013 Mathieu Gendron