Most of the medical images (e.g. CT, MRI, PET, etc.) comprises multiple frames which represent slices, phases, timing etc. from the same imaging object. Those images can be saved as multidimensional matrices in Matlab thanks to Matlab's powerful support of multidimensional data representation. However, within Matlab, most of image manipulation functions are limited or tailored for processing two-dimensional matrix. The MatrixUser is a software package which features functions designed and optimized specifically for manipulating multidimensional real or complex data matrix. MatrixUser provides a nice graphical environment for easily performing image analysis tasks including multidimensional image display, matrix (image stack) processing and rendering etc. MatrixUser is a great lightweight tool for users who are working in image processing field under Matlab.
More specifically, MatrixUser features:
1. Multidimensional data import and conversion: Support importing and converting matrix data from MAT, NIFTI, DICOM, Clipboard and Screen Shot
2. Multidimensional matrix display: Support displaying multidimensional (1,2,3 and above) matrix and allow easily image switch between any dimension. Support profile inspection for a single voxel along any dimension. Support volume view with two additional orthogonal displays.
3. Image overlay: Allow overlay of two multidimensional matrices in studies such as fMRI, dynamic imaging and PET imaging, etc.
4. Matrix Manipulation: Allow convenient matrix truncation, concatenation and transform. Support multiple types of regular image processing (e.g. interpolation, spatial transformation, FFT, filtering and noise etc.)
5. Region-of-Interest and Segmentation: Allow convenient multislice ROI and segmentation analysis across the whole volume
6. Volume rendering: Support 3D volume rendering with easy parameter settings
7. Image representation: Provide functions for creating montage with multislice images, re-slicing matrix along any spatial direction, making image projection along arbitrary angle, creating movies and more
If you need a handy graphical matrix analyzer in Matlab, MatrixUser is designed for you and your studies. To run this program, simply run Main.m under the root folder. For more information, please also check
update user guide
updated to v2.2
display bug fixed
turn off warning
fix bugs for loading single DICOM file
a few bugs fixed