Package for measurements of the velocity field (or particle displacement) using PIV technique. It has following features:
- used from command line (no GUI); suitable for implementation in software with broader scope
- relatively fast, especially if previous velocity field can be used as velocity guess for the next image pair (increasing evaluation speed in the case of time-resolved PIV)
- multipass, multigrid algorith, with image deformation
- multipass validation of velocity vectors
- each image might have its individual mask (suitable for studying flow around a moving body)
- includes several examples demonstrating its use
- includes a subroutine for visualization of results
Modify one of examples (files example_0x_xxxx.m in PIVsuite v.0.79 folder) to meet your needs.
- This is a beta version.
- Soon, alpha version with for single-pixel PIV algorithm will be released. Contact me if you are interested in its use sooner.
This software is largely inspired by PIVlab by William Thielicke. Sample images for flow around a cylinder come also from his contribution.
This package uses
- inpaint_nans.m by John D'Errico
- inpaint_nans3.m by John D'Errico
- inpaintn.m by Damien Garcia
- smoothn.m by Damien Garcia
- idctn.m by Damien Garcia
PIVsuite is developped by Jiri Vejrazka, Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague. Development is supported by Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (project LD 13018). Some parts of the software were developped with support of Czech Science Foundation (P101/11/0806).