The files contained in the zip-file can be used to get the current list of tasks running on the computer.
- !!! This file will only work on WindowsXP !!!
- No further files are needed.
- Usage: tasks = tasklist; Reads tasklist with fields as specified in help - or -
tasks = tasklist(1) Reads tasklist with additional fields as specified in help
- This file will work on Windows (NT and higher) and LINUX
- The file has not been tested extensively under LINUX, so there might be some work left to do ... just let me know.
- If you use this file on Windows you need to download pslist.exe, which is freeware.
It can be downloaded from: http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PsList.html
pslist.exe needs to be in the same folder as pslist.m
- Usage: tasks = pslist Reads tasklist with fields as specified in help
tasks = pslist(PID) Looks for task with PID (process ID, number, e.g. 1234)
tasks = pslist(pname) Looks for task pname (process name, string, e.g. 'explorer.exe')
Just what I needed--thanks!
Spot on, Sebastian. I can't speak for pslist, but tasklist worked very well for me on my windows XP machine.
Enough documentation to figure it out very quickly, and a simple and neat implementation.
exactly what i needed
Download apps, toolboxes, and other File Exchange content using Add-On Explorer in MATLAB.