Loved it, have been trying to parse the data myself by using urlread as a starting point but it was giving me a headache as there was no delimiter between the data in columns which made it impossible for me. Now my code is just a few lines and does exactly what I want!
I like this tool a lot and managed to get it to work very easily. However, I wanted three different processes to run simultaneous (as now one function has to terminate before the next starts calculation so there is always only one waitbar progressing) so I am using the parallel computing toolbox and run three functions in batch. Now the progress on the multiwaitbar is not updated anymore so there is no means to check how far the process has progressed. Because it takes a long time, this is really required for my application so I was wondering if it was possible to make the multiwaitbar to work when using batch to run the function where it is called. If this is inherently impossible, please let me know so that I do not spend any more time on it. Any suggestion would be welcome to tackle this problem in a different way.
This code works great when I run my GUI directly in Matlab BUT when I compile it into an executable using deploytool, it does not always work. More specifically it works the first time I change the text in the edit box, sometimes the second time but somewhere thereafter (always at a different point), it does not seem to work anymore (i.e. no update of my listbox when I type in the edit-field and some other strange stuff sometimes happens as freezing of the list box, not finding the text string even though I know it is there and such).
Is this a known bug and how can I solve this? Is there another file that I need to include in the "Shared resources and helper files" section besides the findjobj.m file which I of course have included?
Sorry about that. It's more for legacy work done in the past, and I probably should take it out. I was working on a project where we were running hundreds of variants of metrics and differentiating by name gets messy, hence using a database to track which statistic was used. - Jeff
It works! This has saved me an hour or two of my life so thanks very much.
It would be excellent except I didn't find the comments that easy to follow. What is going on with this:
% Set metric id for optional use. This is arbitrarily set to 1001
% for this metric and used in other applications not associated to this
% function. The user can either ignore or remove from the function.
Maybe it is just me being dim but I couldn't work out the point of that.
Thanks again for posting this.