I am not exactly sure what difference lies with your 64bit system for compiling but had the following suggestion.
1. Download (free version) C#
2. Open EngMATLib in C# and Build
3. Copy EngMATLib.dll to the Example/ImagePatchTool folder also copy to Debug/Release folder under bin in C# Matlab Program Launcher (since EngMATLib.dll is referenced)
4. Open Matlab Envelope in C# and Build
5. Copy ImagePatchTool.exe to the Example/ImagePatchTool folder
6. Run the Matlab script ImagePatchTool.m using the loader ImagePatchTool.exe without the need to run Matlab
[matlabroot,'\bin\win32'] on my system will give the path of the matlab win32 dir which holds libeng.dll and needs to be updated in System Variables for 2010a. Also, the C# compiling is independent of Matlab so this should not be a problem in your case.
It would be helpful if you could post the error over here or send me via email.