|7 Dec 2009
||MathWorks Classroom Resources Team
"An Introduction to Scientific Computing: Twelve Computational Projects Solved with MATLAB", by Ionut Danaila, Pascal Joly, Sidi Mahmoud Kaber, and Marie Postel. Published by Springer, 2007.
== Table of Contents
1. Numerical Approximation of Model Partial Differential Equations.
2. Nonlinear Differential Equations: Application to Chemical Kinetics
3. Polynomial Approximation
4. Solving an Advection-Diffusion Equation by A Finite Element Method
5. Solving A Differential Equation by A Spectral Method
6. Signal Processing: Multiresolution Analysis
7. Elasticity: Elastic Deformation of A Thin Plate
8. Domain Decomposition Using A Schwarz Method
9. Geometrical Design: Bezier Curves and Surfaces
10. Gas Dynamics: Riemann Problem and Discontinuous Solutions: Application to The Shock Tube Problem
11. Thermal Engineering: Optimization of an Industrial Furnace
12. Fluid Dynamics: Solving the Two-Dimensional Navier-Stokes Equations