Java-based package for publication-quality scientific graphics with cutom-MATLAB class support.
|23 Jan 2014||Marc||
|29 Nov 2012||Malcolm Lidierth||
Project Waterloo is a Java-based package for scientific graphics. It follows a modular design and includes:
- base modules written purely in Java so they work on Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
- support for use in third-party packages such as MATLAB, R, and SciLab
- built-in mouse interactivity and mouse-activated GUIs for editing, saving, loading and exporting the graphs.
- export and clipboard support for vector graphics (including SVG, PDF, Postscript and EPS).
Optional modules using the Groovy programming language provide:
- a stand-alone Graph Explorer to view and edit graphs.
- a static library that makes calling the Java packages easier from third-party code.
Waterloo also features MATLAB OOP elements such as tabbed panes, accordions and scroll panes that mix Java and MATLAB allowing richer GUIs to support MATLAB's graphics.