This five minute Agilent YouTube video discusses how to generate pulsed signals and control the signal phase programmatically for an Agilent M8190A arbitrary waveform generator using IQTools and MATLAB software.
- Explanation of digital up-conversion using sequence memory
- Controlling the Agilent M8190A in a digital up-conversion mode
- Using the multi-tone dialog in IQTools to generate modulated signals
- Generating a 5-tone signal using the Digital Up-Conversion Demo Utility
- Generating pulsed signals (a chirp signal)
- Affecting phase of the signal programmatically for phased antenna applications
The IQTools application including modifiable source code is available when you order the N6171A MATLAB option from Agilent with your M8190a arbitrary waveform generator. Details are at: