Discover MakerZone

MATLAB and Simulink resources for Arduino, LEGO, and Raspberry Pi

Learn more

Discover what MATLAB® can do for your career.

Opportunities for recent engineering grads.

Apply Today

Thread Subject:
Plotting a QUIVER with continuous lines

Subject: Plotting a QUIVER with continuous lines

From: Ken

Date: 13 Sep, 2006 19:24:28

Message: 1 of 5

I would like to replace the multiple vectors on a quiver plot by
continuous lines. In other words, I want to plot lines parallel to
the directions given for each pixel.
Each direction is fitted from experimental data and is not described
by an analytic function.

I did not succeed finding any function, tool nor algorithm on the
web. Could somebody give me a hint or tell me a keyword for what I am
looking for?

Thank you in advance,

Ken

Subject: Plotting a QUIVER with continuous lines

From: Duane Hanselman

Date: 13 Sep, 2006 19:33:45

Message: 2 of 5

Ken wrote:
>
>
> I would like to replace the multiple vectors on a quiver plot by
> continuous lines. In other words, I want to plot lines parallel to
> the directions given for each pixel.
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Ken

Try mmstream2 on the File Exchange:

 <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=7890&objectType=file>

You can place the stream lines wherever you want.

Duane

Subject: Plotting a QUIVER with continuous lines

From: Ken

Date: 13 Sep, 2006 20:26:32

Message: 3 of 5

Duane Hanselman wrote:
>
>
> Ken wrote:
>>
>>
>> I would like to replace the multiple vectors on a quiver plot
by
>> continuous lines. In other words, I want to plot lines parallel
> to
>> the directions given for each pixel.
>> Thank you in advance,
>>
>> Ken
>
> Try mmstream2 on the File Exchange:
>
> <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=7890&objectType=file>
>
> You can place the stream lines wherever you want.
>
> Duane
  

WOW! That is exactly what I was looking for! I can’t believe you give
me my solution in less than 10 minutes! Your file is fantastic! Thank
you so much!

Ken

Subject: Plotting a QUIVER with continuous lines

From: Trashy

Date: 1 Aug, 2012 07:04:46

Message: 4 of 5

Dear Ken or Duane

The link provided has now disappeared. Could you post it again?
In advance thank you so much!

T.

"Duane Hanselman" wrote in message <ef40b00.0@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP>...
> Try mmstream2 on the File Exchange:
>
> <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=7890&objectType=file>

Subject: Plotting a QUIVER with continuous lines

From: Ken Barslow

Date: 1 Aug, 2012 14:07:13

Message: 5 of 5

"Trashy" wrote in message <jvakee$n52$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Dear Ken or Duane
>
> The link provided has now disappeared. Could you post it again?
> In advance thank you so much!
>
> T.
>
> "Duane Hanselman" wrote in message <ef40b00.0@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP>...
> > Try mmstream2 on the File Exchange:
> >
> > <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId=7890&objectType=file>

Duane is the author of this file. I have a version I think I modified. I would not be comfortable to put the file on FileExchange since I am not the author, but I can email the file to anyone who email me (see my profile).

Tags for this Thread

No tags are associated with this thread.

What are tags?

A tag is like a keyword or category label associated with each thread. Tags make it easier for you to find threads of interest.

Anyone can tag a thread. Tags are public and visible to everyone.

Contact us