Discover MakerZone

MATLAB and Simulink resources for Arduino, LEGO, and Raspberry Pi

Learn more

Discover what MATLAB® can do for your career.

Opportunities for recent engineering grads.

Apply Today

Thread Subject:
nonlinear mixed effect model

Subject: nonlinear mixed effect model

From: Pete sherer

Date: 24 Sep, 2007 22:09:26

Message: 1 of 8

Does matlab provide a function similar to NLME(Nonlinear
Mixed Effect) model available in R or S-Plus?

If not, I will have to switch back and forth between Matlab
and R.

Thanks

t-shing

Subject: nonlinear mixed effect model

From: Lee Newman

Date: 5 Jun, 2008 19:59:02

Message: 2 of 8

"Pete sherer" <tsh@abg.com> wrote in message
<fd9cim$d2e$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Does matlab provide a function similar to NLME(Nonlinear
> Mixed Effect) model available in R or S-Plus?
>
> If not, I will have to switch back and forth between Matlab
> and R.
>
> Thanks
>
> t-shing

Pete,
I am looking for an nlme solution for matlab as well, but
have not found yet found one. Just wondering if you came
across something -- and if so, if you would be kind enough
to share what you've found!

Cheers,
Lee

Subject: nonlinear mixed effect model

From: Lucio Andrade-Cetto

Date: 24 Jul, 2008 11:48:05

Message: 3 of 8

Non-linear mixed effects regression is available now in the
prerelease for R2008b of the Stastitics Toolbox.

Lucio

"Lee Newman" <newman.lee.nospam@comcast.net> wrote in
message <g29gi6$fsg$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Pete sherer" <tsh@abg.com> wrote in message
> <fd9cim$d2e$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > Does matlab provide a function similar to NLME(Nonlinear
> > Mixed Effect) model available in R or S-Plus?
> >
> > If not, I will have to switch back and forth between
Matlab
> > and R.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > t-shing
>
> Pete,
> I am looking for an nlme solution for matlab as well, but
> have not found yet found one. Just wondering if you came
> across something -- and if so, if you would be kind enough
> to share what you've found!
>
> Cheers,
> Lee

Subject: nonlinear mixed effect model

From: Pete sherer

Date: 16 Aug, 2008 21:46:02

Message: 4 of 8

what's the function name?

Subject: nonlinear mixed effect model

From: Peter Jacobs

Date: 29 Jan, 2010 19:27:10

Message: 5 of 8

"Pete sherer" <tsh@abg.com> wrote in message <g87hqq$js3$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> what's the function name?

Subject: nonlinear mixed effect model

From: Lucio Cetto

Date: 29 Jan, 2010 21:12:32

Message: 6 of 8

NLMEFIT

"Peter Jacobs" <peter.jacobs@med.va.gov> wrote in message <hjvcqd$ofr$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Pete sherer" <tsh@abg.com> wrote in message <g87hqq$js3$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > what's the function name?

Subject: nonlinear mixed effect model

From: Koen Wildemeersch

Date: 8 Apr, 2011 13:35:22

Message: 7 of 8

Hi all,

Is there a linear mixed-effect model as well? And what is the function name? Has it been implemented in previous releases (before R2008b)?

Googling this matter didn't prove to be useful...

Thanks!

Koen
"Lucio Cetto" wrote in message <hjvj00$3j3$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> NLMEFIT
>
> "Peter Jacobs" <peter.jacobs@med.va.gov> wrote in message <hjvcqd$ofr$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > "Pete sherer" <tsh@abg.com> wrote in message <g87hqq$js3$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > > what's the function name?

Subject: nonlinear mixed effect model

From: Tom Lane

Date: 8 Apr, 2011 15:26:31

Message: 8 of 8

> Is there a linear mixed-effect model as well? And what is the function
> name? Has it been implemented in previous releases (before R2008b)?
> Googling this matter didn't prove to be useful...
> Thanks!
>
> Koen "Lucio Cetto" wrote in message <hjvj00$3j3$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
>> NLMEFIT

Koen, there isn't one in the Statistics Toolbox. In the absence of that, you
could use nlmefit to fit your linear model. Another option is to use anovan,
though that function is focused on anova and might not give all the
information you'd expect if you're thinking about this as a regression
problem.

-- Tom

Tags for this Thread

No tags are associated with this thread.

What are tags?

A tag is like a keyword or category label associated with each thread. Tags make it easier for you to find threads of interest.

Anyone can tag a thread. Tags are public and visible to everyone.

Contact us