Discover MakerZone

MATLAB and Simulink resources for Arduino, LEGO, and Raspberry Pi

Learn more

Discover what MATLAB® can do for your career.

Opportunities for recent engineering grads.

Apply Today

Thread Subject:
mbuild -setup: no compiler detected

Subject: mbuild -setup: no compiler detected

From: Jorge

Date: 14 Nov, 2007 15:26:47

Message: 1 of 6

Dear list members,

While running the command mbuild -setup allowing it to
locate installed compilers none are detected.

I am using the 64 bits Matlab R2007b version and I need to
compile some mex files. Does anyone know how to install a
new compiler and how to tell matlab that I want to use it?

The mcc compiler is installed but matlab does not put it
in the list, I have also installed a lcc-win32 compiler
which is not shown in the list.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Regards!,
S.

Subject: mbuild -setup: no compiler detected

From: Derek O'Connor

Date: 14 Nov, 2007 19:37:42

Message: 2 of 6

"Jorge " <sergio_l_nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
<fhf43n$j0k$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Dear list members,
>
> While running the command mbuild -setup allowing it to
> locate installed compilers none are detected.
>
> I am using the 64 bits Matlab R2007b version and I need to
> compile some mex files. Does anyone know how to install a
> new compiler and how to tell matlab that I want to use it?
>
> The mcc compiler is installed but matlab does not put it
> in the list, I have also installed a lcc-win32 compiler
> which is not shown in the list.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!
>
> Best Regards!,
> S.

64 bit Matlab R2007b does not have a compiler. Here is what
I got from Matlab Support:

" The answer to your question which you have probably
already worked out is that the MATLAB 64bit edition does
not ship with a built in LCC compiler.

Kind Regards
Clive Amos"

It would have been useful if they told me if or when they
will have a built-in compiler, or if there are alternatives.

Derek O'Connor

Subject: mbuild -setup: no compiler detected

From: Tim Davis

Date: 15 Nov, 2007 00:45:40

Message: 3 of 6

"Derek O'Connor" <derekroconnor@eircom.net> wrote in message
<...
> 64 bit Matlab R2007b does not have a compiler. Here is what
> I got from Matlab Support:
>
> " The answer to your question which you have probably
> already worked out is that the MATLAB 64bit edition does
> not ship with a built in LCC compiler.
>
> Kind Regards
> Clive Amos"
>
> It would have been useful if they told me if or when they
> will have a built-in compiler, or if there are alternatives.
>
> Derek O'Connor

On Windows (when I have to) I try not to use the LCC
compiler; it generates slow code. I use the freely
available Microsoft Visual C/C++ 2005 Express, for 32-bit
Windows. It generates decent code, although not quite as
good as gcc in Linux/Unix. The Professional version (which
comes at a price) is better, I think, since unless I'm
mistaken it includes additional compiler optimizations that
are disabled in the 2005 Express version.

See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/default.aspx

It's quite easy to configure mex to use this compiler.

However ... it appears that the Express edition doesn't
support 64-bit:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx

You might try gcc for windows:

http://gnumex.sourceforge.net/

that link doesn't talk about 64bit Windows, but 32bit.
However, gcc and cygwin do run on 64bit Windows.

Subject: mbuild -setup: no compiler detected

From: Alexei Souvorov

Date: 6 Dec, 2007 05:35:26

Message: 4 of 6

"Tim Davis" <davis@cise.ufl.edu> wrote in message
<fhg4rk$ft4$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Derek O'Connor" <derekroconnor@eircom.net> wrote in
message
> <...
> > 64 bit Matlab R2007b does not have a compiler. Here is
what
> > I got from Matlab Support:
> >
> > " The answer to your question which you have probably
> > already worked out is that the MATLAB 64bit edition
does
> > not ship with a built in LCC compiler.
> >
> > Kind Regards
> > Clive Amos"
> >
> > It would have been useful if they told me if or when
they
> > will have a built-in compiler, or if there are
alternatives.
> >
> > Derek O'Connor
>
> On Windows (when I have to) I try not to use the LCC
> compiler; it generates slow code. I use the freely
> available Microsoft Visual C/C++ 2005 Express, for 32-bit
> Windows. It generates decent code, although not quite as
> good as gcc in Linux/Unix. The Professional version
(which
> comes at a price) is better, I think, since unless I'm
> mistaken it includes additional compiler optimizations
that
> are disabled in the 2005 Express version.
>
> See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/default.aspx
>
> It's quite easy to configure mex to use this compiler.
>
> However ... it appears that the Express edition doesn't
> support 64-bit:
>
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx
>
> You might try gcc for windows:
>
> http://gnumex.sourceforge.net/
>
> that link doesn't talk about 64bit Windows, but 32bit.
> However, gcc and cygwin do run on 64bit Windows.

I've got the same problem with WinXP x64. In the Matlab
compatible compiler page it is writen that 64-bit version
supports MS Visual Studio 2005 SP1 and Visual Studio
Express edition compilers. I have installed MS VS2005 with
64-bit support but still I get the message that there is no
compiler in the system. In case of Express Edition there
must be some additional windows parameter defined. But I
did not try it yet.

Subject: mbuild -setup: no compiler detected

From: Tung Fai

Date: 11 Jan, 2011 11:20:05

Message: 5 of 6

Dear all,

I ran into the same problem yesterday when I was trying to use the embedded Matlab function in Simulink.

Under mex -setup, there was no compiler available.

System is Windows 7 x64 (64bit) with Matlab 2009b.

After digging around I found this site:

http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-6IJJ3L/index.html?solution=1-6IJJ3L

This details how to add a 64bit compiler to your machine.

Another thing you need to make sure you do is put the files you want to compile somewhere away from Program File. So e.g. D:\Matlab, because it will not compile files with a space in the file name or folder names.

Subject: mbuild -setup: no compiler detected

From: Hisham Mohammed

Date: 16 Jun, 2011 12:30:08

Message: 6 of 6

"Tim Davis" <davis@cise.ufl.edu> wrote in message <fhg4rk$ft4$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Derek O'Connor" <derekroconnor@eircom.net> wrote in message
> <...
> > 64 bit Matlab R2007b does not have a compiler. Here is what
> > I got from Matlab Support:
> >
> > " The answer to your question which you have probably
> > already worked out is that the MATLAB 64bit edition does
> > not ship with a built in LCC compiler.
> >
> > Kind Regards
> > Clive Amos"
> >
> > It would have been useful if they told me if or when they
> > will have a built-in compiler, or if there are alternatives.
> >
> > Derek O'Connor
>
> On Windows (when I have to) I try not to use the LCC
> compiler; it generates slow code. I use the freely
> available Microsoft Visual C/C++ 2005 Express, for 32-bit
> Windows. It generates decent code, although not quite as
> good as gcc in Linux/Unix. The Professional version (which
> comes at a price) is better, I think, since unless I'm
> mistaken it includes additional compiler optimizations that
> are disabled in the 2005 Express version.
>
> See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/default.aspx
>
> It's quite easy to configure mex to use this compiler.
>
> However ... it appears that the Express edition doesn't
> support 64-bit:
>
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx
>
> You might try gcc for windows:
>
> http://gnumex.sourceforge.net/
>
> that link doesn't talk about 64bit Windows, but 32bit.
> However, gcc and cygwin do run on 64bit Windows.


Thank u very much,
for Windows after installing MS Visual Stdio and carrying out the information in the site http://gnumex.sourceforge.net/ then typing in workspase command
>>mbuild -setup
matlab will be able to convert my m.file to exe.file
finally,Thanks list members

Tags for this Thread

What are tags?

A tag is like a keyword or category label associated with each thread. Tags make it easier for you to find threads of interest.

Anyone can tag a thread. Tags are public and visible to everyone.

Contact us