Discover MakerZone

MATLAB and Simulink resources for Arduino, LEGO, and Raspberry Pi

Learn more

Discover what MATLAB® can do for your career.

Opportunities for recent engineering grads.

Apply Today

Thread Subject:
Matlab not reading an imported file

Subject: Matlab not reading an imported file

From: Yousuf Siddiqui

Date: 25 Nov, 2007 11:52:04

Message: 1 of 4

I have recently done some animations on flash and converted
the flash file to an uncompressed avi file.

The file name is centraltoeast.avi.

However, when I try to run the file on Matlab using the
command

aviread I get the folowing messages

>> mov=aviread(centraltoeast.avi);
??? Undefined variable "centraltoeast" or
class "centraltoeast.avi".

>> mov=aviread(matlabroot filesep 'work'
filesep 'centraltoeast.avi');
??? mov=aviread(matlabroot filesep 'work'
filesep 'centraltoeast.avi');
                           |
Error: Missing MATLAB operator.

>> mov=aviread(C:\MATLAB7\work\'centraltoeast.avi');
??? mov=aviread(C:\MATLAB7\work\'centraltoeast.avi');
                  |
Error: Missing variable or function.


Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong.

Also please tell me how to correctly play the avi file once
read using the movie command.

Subject: Matlab not reading an imported file

From: Bruno Luong

Date: 25 Nov, 2007 14:03:23

Message: 2 of 4

"Yousuf Siddiqui" <engr.yousuf.siddiqui@gmail.com> wrote in
message <fibnl4$dll$1@fred.mathworks.com>...


> mov=aviread(centraltoeast.avi);

mov=aviread('centraltoeast.avi');


> mov=aviread(matlabroot filesep 'work'
> filesep 'centraltoeast.avi');

mov=aviread([matlabroot filesep 'work' filesep ...
'centraltoeast.avi']);

> mov=aviread(C:\MATLAB7\work\'centraltoeast.avi');
                   |

mov=aviread('C:\MATLAB7\work\centraltoeast.avi');

You need to work on understanding MATLAB string syntax.

Bruno

Subject: Matlab not reading an imported file

From: Bruno Luong

Date: 25 Nov, 2007 14:03:26

Message: 3 of 4

"Yousuf Siddiqui" <engr.yousuf.siddiqui@gmail.com> wrote in
message <fibnl4$dll$1@fred.mathworks.com>...


> mov=aviread(centraltoeast.avi);

mov=aviread('centraltoeast.avi');


> mov=aviread(matlabroot filesep 'work'
> filesep 'centraltoeast.avi');

mov=aviread([matlabroot filesep 'work' filesep ...
'centraltoeast.avi']);

> mov=aviread(C:\MATLAB7\work\'centraltoeast.avi');
                   |

mov=aviread('C:\MATLAB7\work\centraltoeast.avi');

You need to work on understanding MATLAB string syntax.

Bruno

Subject: Matlab not reading an imported file

From: Bruno Luong

Date: 25 Nov, 2007 14:03:34

Message: 4 of 4

"Yousuf Siddiqui" <engr.yousuf.siddiqui@gmail.com> wrote in
message <fibnl4$dll$1@fred.mathworks.com>...


> mov=aviread(centraltoeast.avi);

mov=aviread('centraltoeast.avi');


> mov=aviread(matlabroot filesep 'work'
> filesep 'centraltoeast.avi');

mov=aviread([matlabroot filesep 'work' filesep ...
'centraltoeast.avi']);

> mov=aviread(C:\MATLAB7\work\'centraltoeast.avi');
                   |

mov=aviread('C:\MATLAB7\work\centraltoeast.avi');

You need to work on understanding MATLAB string syntax.

Bruno

Tags for this Thread

What are tags?

A tag is like a keyword or category label associated with each thread. Tags make it easier for you to find threads of interest.

Anyone can tag a thread. Tags are public and visible to everyone.

Contact us