Discover MakerZone

MATLAB and Simulink resources for Arduino, LEGO, and Raspberry Pi

Learn more

Discover what MATLAB® can do for your career.

Opportunities for recent engineering grads.

Apply Today

Thread Subject:
multi core CPU

Subject: multi core CPU

From: Pink Panther

Date: 1 May, 2010 10:24:05

Message: 1 of 5

does anybody knows how to let matlab use the multiple cores of a cpu? I use matlab 7.1 on an intel quad CPU based machine.
thanks

Subject: multi core CPU

From: Pink Panther

Date: 1 May, 2010 10:31:04

Message: 2 of 5

I should add that I think I saw something about this in the documentation somewhere, but cannot find it back. there is always the solution of running several instances of matlab on the same computer in order to use more of the pc's ressources, anybody having ideas beyond this one I am in interested to hear thanks


"Pink Panther " <huguesrialan@gmail.com> wrote in message <hrgvg5$fmc$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> does anybody knows how to let matlab use the multiple cores of a cpu? I use matlab 7.1 on an intel quad CPU based machine.
> thanks

Subject: multi core CPU

From: vedenev

Date: 1 May, 2010 10:36:25

Message: 3 of 5

You need to use functions of Parallel Computing Toolbox. You have 4
cores so you need 4 workers. Create job and task. Organize you code as
function. To pass global parameters use 'JobData' properties. You task
can be not accelerate or eve deccelerated if there is big data need to
pass to one process.

------------------------------------
Maxim Vedenev, Matlab freelancer
vedenev@ngs.ru
http://simulations.narod.ru/

Subject: multi core CPU

From: John D'Errico

Date: 1 May, 2010 12:11:05

Message: 4 of 5

vedenev <vedenev.maxim@gmail.com> wrote in message <40526910-ca03-4c36-9882-49267329002d@n15g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>...
> You need to use functions of Parallel Computing Toolbox. You have 4
> cores so you need 4 workers. Create job and task. Organize you code as
> function. To pass global parameters use 'JobData' properties. You task
> can be not accelerate or eve deccelerated if there is big data need to
> pass to one process.
>
> ------------------------------------
> Maxim Vedenev, Matlab freelancer
> vedenev@ngs.ru
> http://simulations.narod.ru/

Well, yes, that will help. At the same time, there are many
functions and operators that will automatically take
advantage of multiple cores.

John

Subject: multi core CPU

From: Pink Panther

Date: 1 May, 2010 17:59:07

Message: 5 of 5

"John D'Errico" <woodchips@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message <hrh5oo$qih$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> vedenev <vedenev.maxim@gmail.com> wrote in message <40526910-ca03-4c36-9882-49267329002d@n15g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>...
> > You need to use functions of Parallel Computing Toolbox. You have 4
> > cores so you need 4 workers. Create job and task. Organize you code as
> > function. To pass global parameters use 'JobData' properties. You task
> > can be not accelerate or eve deccelerated if there is big data need to
> > pass to one process.
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> > Maxim Vedenev, Matlab freelancer
> > vedenev@ngs.ru
> > http://simulations.narod.ru/
>
> Well, yes, that will help. At the same time, there are many
> functions and operators that will automatically take
> advantage of multiple cores.
>
> John


thanks guys
Pink P

Tags for this Thread

What are tags?

A tag is like a keyword or category label associated with each thread. Tags make it easier for you to find threads of interest.

Anyone can tag a thread. Tags are public and visible to everyone.

Contact us