Got Questions? Get Answers.
Discover MakerZone

MATLAB and Simulink resources for Arduino, LEGO, and Raspberry Pi

Learn more

Discover what MATLAB® can do for your career.

Opportunities for recent engineering grads.

Apply Today

Thread Subject:
connecting matlab simulink with ccs 3.3

Subject: connecting matlab simulink with ccs 3.3

From: deepika

Date: 1 Feb, 2011 07:56:03

Message: 1 of 7

Hi all,

 

I need to implement the developed matlab simulink model on to the TMS320F28335 target processor. As a part of it i need to connect the matlab embedded ide link with the ccs IDE 3.3. The targets connected are shown in matlab command window upon typing ccsboardinfo. But by doing so i have come across an error as;

 

?? error map is empty

error in ==>ccsboardinfo at 64

ccssetup.connect() %connect to ccs setup.

 

What I am supposed to do to overcome the error..

-Deepika.T

Subject: connecting matlab simulink with ccs 3.3

From: Frank W.

Date: 1 Feb, 2011 08:58:03

Message: 2 of 7

"deepika " <deepika410@gmail.com> wrote in message <ii8eaj$2ir$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi all,
>
>
>
> I need to implement the developed matlab simulink model on to the TMS320F28335 target processor. As a part of it i need to connect the matlab embedded ide link with the ccs IDE 3.3. The targets connected are shown in matlab command window upon typing ccsboardinfo. But by doing so i have come across an error as;
>
>
>
> ?? error map is empty
>
> error in ==>ccsboardinfo at 64
>
> ccssetup.connect() %connect to ccs setup.
>
>
>
> What I am supposed to do to overcome the error..
>
> -Deepika.T

I order to establish a connection between Matlab and Code Composer Studio Matlab must be run with administrator user rights (that my experience under Win XP).

Subject: connecting matlab simulink with ccs 3.3

From: Chee Syn Ang

Date: 4 Mar, 2011 13:56:23

Message: 3 of 7

"Frank W." <yohansan_nospam@web.de> wrote in message <ii8hur$l65$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "deepika " <deepika410@gmail.com> wrote in message <ii8eaj$2ir$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> > Hi all,
> >
> >
> >
> > I need to implement the developed matlab simulink model on to the TMS320F28335 target processor. As a part of it i need to connect the matlab embedded ide link with the ccs IDE 3.3. The targets connected are shown in matlab command window upon typing ccsboardinfo. But by doing so i have come across an error as;
> >
> >
> >
> > ?? error map is empty
> >
> > error in ==>ccsboardinfo at 64
> >
> > ccssetup.connect() %connect to ccs setup.
> >
> >
> >
> > What I am supposed to do to overcome the error..
> >
> > -Deepika.T
>
> I order to establish a connection between Matlab and Code Composer Studio Matlab must be run with administrator user rights (that my experience under Win XP).


Hi, I got the same error too.

My IT has set my log in account with administrator rights.

Any ideas?

Subject: connecting matlab simulink with ccs 3.3

From: Mary Ann Belarmino

Date: 4 Mar, 2011 14:54:46

Message: 4 of 7

This is a known bug - this is because you hit an error condition but the
error-throwing mechanism is not set up to properly relay the message to you.
To workaround the issue, call the command 'ticcs' first before you call
'ccsboardinfo'. You only need to do this once. Calling 'ticcs' will set up
the missing error map.

HTH.

"Chee Syn Ang" <ang.cs@techsource.com.my> wrote in message
news:ikqr27$2oh$1@fred.mathworks.com...
> "Frank W." <yohansan_nospam@web.de> wrote in message
> <ii8hur$l65$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
>> "deepika " <deepika410@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> <ii8eaj$2ir$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I need to implement the developed matlab simulink model on to the
>> > TMS320F28335 target processor. As a part of it i need to connect the
>> > matlab embedded ide link with the ccs IDE 3.3. The targets connected
>> > are shown in matlab command window upon typing ccsboardinfo. But by
>> > doing so i have come across an error as;
>> >
>> > ?? error map is empty
>> >
>> > error in ==>ccsboardinfo at 64
>> >
>> > ccssetup.connect() %connect to ccs setup.
>> >
>> > What I am supposed to do to overcome the error..
>> >
>> > -Deepika.T
>>
>> I order to establish a connection between Matlab and Code Composer Studio
>> Matlab must be run with administrator user rights (that my experience
>> under Win XP).
>
>
> Hi, I got the same error too.
> My IT has set my log in account with administrator rights.
>
> Any ideas?

Subject: connecting matlab simulink with ccs 3.3

From: Chee Syn Ang

Date: 7 Mar, 2011 05:48:05

Message: 5 of 7

I typed 'ticcs' but I still got an error msg as shown below.

>> ticcs
??? Cannot start CCS application (COM error code: 0x80080005).
Verify that your CCS software is installed and configured properly.

Error in ==> ticcs>Connect2App_CheckIdeVersion at 167
        hccs.Connect(1);

Error in ==> ticcs at 62
hccs = Connect2App_CheckIdeVersion;

However, I'm sure CCS is installed correctly because I'm able to run it under the local login account of my laptop. I couldn't run it in my account though with administrative rights.

"Mary Ann Belarmino" <mbelarmi@mathworks.com> wrote in message <ikqufm$cct$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> This is a known bug - this is because you hit an error condition but the
> error-throwing mechanism is not set up to properly relay the message to you.
> To workaround the issue, call the command 'ticcs' first before you call
> 'ccsboardinfo'. You only need to do this once. Calling 'ticcs' will set up
> the missing error map.
>
> HTH.
>
> "Chee Syn Ang" <ang.cs@techsource.com.my> wrote in message
> news:ikqr27$2oh$1@fred.mathworks.com...
> > "Frank W." <yohansan_nospam@web.de> wrote in message
> > <ii8hur$l65$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> >> "deepika " <deepika410@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> <ii8eaj$2ir$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> >> > Hi all,
> >> >
> >> > I need to implement the developed matlab simulink model on to the
> >> > TMS320F28335 target processor. As a part of it i need to connect the
> >> > matlab embedded ide link with the ccs IDE 3.3. The targets connected
> >> > are shown in matlab command window upon typing ccsboardinfo. But by
> >> > doing so i have come across an error as;
> >> >
> >> > ?? error map is empty
> >> >
> >> > error in ==>ccsboardinfo at 64
> >> >
> >> > ccssetup.connect() %connect to ccs setup.
> >> >
> >> > What I am supposed to do to overcome the error..
> >> >
> >> > -Deepika.T
> >>
> >> I order to establish a connection between Matlab and Code Composer Studio
> >> Matlab must be run with administrator user rights (that my experience
> >> under Win XP).
> >
> >
> > Hi, I got the same error too.
> > My IT has set my log in account with administrator rights.
> >
> > Any ideas?

Subject: connecting matlab simulink with ccs 3.3

From: Christian

Date: 2 Mar, 2012 14:37:11

Message: 6 of 7

I seem to have pretty the same problem:

All tools are working properly "standalone" - but when trying to connect by typing:

ticcs


... I receive the follwoing error messages.


??? Error using ==> util_detectConfigErrors at 34
Error map is empty.

Error in ==> C:\Program
Files\MATLAB\R2007b\toolbox\ccslink\ccslink\TICCSLinkPkg\@ticcs\initializeTiccs.p>initializeTiccs at 29


Error in ==> C:\Program
Files\MATLAB\R2007b\toolbox\ccslink\ccslink\TICCSLinkPkg\@ticcs\ticcs.p>ticcs.ticcs at 62


Thanks for any kind of remarks/support!

Subject: connecting matlab simulink with ccs 3.3

From: ghassem

Date: 2 May, 2012 02:37:06

Message: 7 of 7

Hi Christian
I just got the smae problem with connecting the ccs 3.3 matlam 2008. I am just wondering if you find a way to solve this matter. I really need to work with matlab to program my TI F28 335.
Regards


\"Christian" wrote in message <jiqlun$863$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I seem to have pretty the same problem:
>
> All tools are working properly "standalone" - but when trying to connect by typing:
>
> ticcs
>
>
> ... I receive the follwoing error messages.
>
>
> ??? Error using ==> util_detectConfigErrors at 34
> Error map is empty.
>
> Error in ==> C:\Program
> Files\MATLAB\R2007b\toolbox\ccslink\ccslink\TICCSLinkPkg\@ticcs\initializeTiccs.p>initializeTiccs at 29
>
>
> Error in ==> C:\Program
> Files\MATLAB\R2007b\toolbox\ccslink\ccslink\TICCSLinkPkg\@ticcs\ticcs.p>ticcs.ticcs at 62
>
>
> Thanks for any kind of remarks/support!

Tags for this Thread

No tags are associated with this thread.

What are tags?

A tag is like a keyword or category label associated with each thread. Tags make it easier for you to find threads of interest.

Anyone can tag a thread. Tags are public and visible to everyone.

Contact us