Got Questions? Get Answers.
Discover MakerZone

MATLAB and Simulink resources for Arduino, LEGO, and Raspberry Pi

Learn more

Discover what MATLAB® can do for your career.

Opportunities for recent engineering grads.

Apply Today

Thread Subject:
how to use mp3read??

Subject: how to use mp3read??

From: Naina Mittal

Date: 19 Apr, 2012 07:12:07

Message: 1 of 5

Hi ,

I typed following code to read a mp3 song :
 
Y=MP3READ('titanic_flute.mp3');
 display(Y);

and its prompting following error :

??? Undefined function or method 'MP3READ' for input arguments of
type 'char'.



Can anyone assist?
Thnx..

Subject: how to use mp3read??

From: Barry Williams

Date: 19 Apr, 2012 18:30:21

Message: 2 of 5

"Naina Mittal" wrote in message <jmods7$jcl$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi ,
>
> I typed following code to read a mp3 song :
>
> Y=MP3READ('titanic_flute.mp3');
> display(Y);
>
> and its prompting following error :
>
> ??? Undefined function or method 'MP3READ' for input arguments of
> type 'char'.
>
>
>
> Can anyone assist?
> Thnx..

According to the documentation with mp3read, it should produce an array of values that should be playable with the command play(Y). What are you trying to 'display'? Do you want to edit the data?

Barry

Subject: how to use mp3read??

From: Naina Mittal

Date: 20 Apr, 2012 06:45:13

Message: 3 of 5

"Barry Williams" <barry.r.williamsnospam@saic.com> wrote in message <jmpljt$am9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Naina Mittal" wrote in message <jmods7$jcl$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Hi ,
> >
> > I typed following code to read a mp3 song :
> >
> > Y=MP3READ('titanic_flute.mp3');
> > display(Y);
> >
> > and its prompting following error :
> >
> > ??? Undefined function or method 'MP3READ' for input arguments of
> > type 'char'.
> >
> >
> >
> > Can anyone assist?
> > Thnx..
>
> According to the documentation with mp3read, it should produce an array of values that should be playable with the command play(Y). What are you trying to 'display'? Do you want to edit the data?
>
> Barry
------------------------------------

yes i want to edit the data . I m working on mp3 steganography for this i want to extract bit values of mp3 file. But my mp3read function is not working.

Subject: how to use mp3read??

From: Steven_Lord

Date: 20 Apr, 2012 13:49:45

Message: 4 of 5



"Naina Mittal" <89.naina@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:jmr0lp$4i6$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com...
> "Barry Williams" <barry.r.williamsnospam@saic.com> wrote in message
> <jmpljt$am9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>> "Naina Mittal" wrote in message
>> <jmods7$jcl$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>> > Hi ,
>> >
>> > I typed following code to read a mp3 song :
>> > Y=MP3READ('titanic_flute.mp3');
>> > display(Y);
>> >
>> > and its prompting following error :
>> >
>> > ??? Undefined function or method 'MP3READ' for input arguments of
>> > type 'char'.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > Can anyone assist?
>> > Thnx..
>>
>> According to the documentation with mp3read, it should produce an array
>> of values that should be playable with the command play(Y). What are you
>> trying to 'display'? Do you want to edit the data?
>>
>> Barry
> ------------------------------------
>
> yes i want to edit the data . I m working on mp3 steganography for this i
> want to extract bit values of mp3 file. But my mp3read function is not
> working.

According to Wikipedia, MP3 uses lossy compression. Therefore you probably
don't want to try to use that format for steganography.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com
To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on
http://www.mathworks.com

Subject: how to use mp3read??

From: Michael

Date: 20 Apr, 2012 20:34:14

Message: 5 of 5

"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <jmrphp$fui$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>
>
> "Naina Mittal" <89.naina@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:jmr0lp$4i6$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com...
> > "Barry Williams" <barry.r.williamsnospam@saic.com> wrote in message
> > <jmpljt$am9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> >> "Naina Mittal" wrote in message
> >> <jmods7$jcl$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> >> > Hi ,
> >> >
> >> > I typed following code to read a mp3 song :
> >> > Y=MP3READ('titanic_flute.mp3');
> >> > display(Y);
> >> >
> >> > and its prompting following error :
> >> >
> >> > ??? Undefined function or method 'MP3READ' for input arguments of
> >> > type 'char'.


Is MP3READ on your MATLAB search path or current directory?

Tags for this Thread

What are tags?

A tag is like a keyword or category label associated with each thread. Tags make it easier for you to find threads of interest.

Anyone can tag a thread. Tags are public and visible to everyone.

Contact us