Got Questions? Get Answers.
Discover MakerZone

MATLAB and Simulink resources for Arduino, LEGO, and Raspberry Pi

Learn more

Discover what MATLAB® can do for your career.

Opportunities for recent engineering grads.

Apply Today

Thread Subject:
Reuters Tick History and Matlab: Error, rdth at 57

Subject: Reuters Tick History and Matlab: Error, rdth at 57

From: Cave1234

Date: 19 Nov, 2012 14:58:10

Message: 1 of 4

Dear all,

I am using the linux version of Matlab, please see my system below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATLAB Version 7.12.0.635 (R2011a)
Operating System: Linux 3.2.0-33-generic #52-Ubuntu SMP x86_64
Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0_17-b04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM mixed mode
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the Datafeed toolbox and I want to download from Reuters Tick History.
If i put in the appropriate command, I get the following error:

>> test=rdth(username,pwd)
??? Error using ==> rdth at 57
Please verify that TRTHApiService.jar is on MATLAB javaclasspat

Does anyone has a suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Subject: Reuters Tick History and Matlab: Error, rdth at 57

From: Yair Altman

Date: 19 Nov, 2012 20:47:19

Message: 2 of 4

"Cave1234 " <cave1234@gmx.net> wrote in message <k8dhe2$s2v$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Dear all,
>
> I am using the linux version of Matlab, please see my system below:
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> MATLAB Version 7.12.0.635 (R2011a)
> Operating System: Linux 3.2.0-33-generic #52-Ubuntu SMP x86_64
> Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0_17-b04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM mixed mode
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> I have the Datafeed toolbox and I want to download from Reuters Tick History.
> If i put in the appropriate command, I get the following error:
>
> >> test=rdth(username,pwd)
> ??? Error using ==> rdth at 57
> Please verify that TRTHApiService.jar is on MATLAB javaclasspat
>
> Does anyone has a suggestion? Thanks in advance.


Add the specified JAR file to the static Java classpath, then restart Matlab:
http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/matlab_external/bringing-java-classes-and-methods-into-matlab-workspace.html#f111065

Yair Altman
http://UndocumentedMatlab.com

Subject: Reuters Tick History and Matlab: Error, rdth at 57

From: Elijah DePalma

Date: 23 Sep, 2013 17:49:06

Message: 3 of 4

Hi, Yair,
How do I obtain the specified JAR file, TRTHApiService.jar?
Thank you,
Elijah


"Yair Altman" wrote in message <k8e5sn$jk7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Cave1234 " <cave1234@gmx.net> wrote in message <k8dhe2$s2v$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I am using the linux version of Matlab, please see my system below:
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > MATLAB Version 7.12.0.635 (R2011a)
> > Operating System: Linux 3.2.0-33-generic #52-Ubuntu SMP x86_64
> > Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0_17-b04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM mixed mode
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > I have the Datafeed toolbox and I want to download from Reuters Tick History.
> > If i put in the appropriate command, I get the following error:
> >
> > >> test=rdth(username,pwd)
> > ??? Error using ==> rdth at 57
> > Please verify that TRTHApiService.jar is on MATLAB javaclasspat
> >
> > Does anyone has a suggestion? Thanks in advance.
>
>
> Add the specified JAR file to the static Java classpath, then restart Matlab:
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/matlab_external/bringing-java-classes-and-methods-into-matlab-workspace.html#f111065
>
> Yair Altman
> http://UndocumentedMatlab.com

Subject: Reuters Tick History and Matlab: Error, rdth at 57

From: Yair Altman

Date: 23 Sep, 2013 21:36:07

Message: 4 of 4

"Elijah DePalma" wrote in message <l1puui$sha$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi, Yair,
> How do I obtain the specified JAR file, TRTHApiService.jar?
> Thank you,
> Elijah
>
>
> "Yair Altman" wrote in message <k8e5sn$jk7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > "Cave1234 " <cave1234@gmx.net> wrote in message <k8dhe2$s2v$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > I am using the linux version of Matlab, please see my system below:
> > >
> > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > MATLAB Version 7.12.0.635 (R2011a)
> > > Operating System: Linux 3.2.0-33-generic #52-Ubuntu SMP x86_64
> > > Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0_17-b04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM mixed mode
> > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > I have the Datafeed toolbox and I want to download from Reuters Tick History.
> > > If i put in the appropriate command, I get the following error:
> > >
> > > >> test=rdth(username,pwd)
> > > ??? Error using ==> rdth at 57
> > > Please verify that TRTHApiService.jar is on MATLAB javaclasspat
> > >
> > > Does anyone has a suggestion? Thanks in advance.
> >
> >
> > Add the specified JAR file to the static Java classpath, then restart Matlab:
> > http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/matlab_external/bringing-java-classes-and-methods-into-matlab-workspace.html#f111065
> >
> > Yair Altman
> > http://UndocumentedMatlab.com


TRTHApiService.jar is part of the MathWorks DataFeed toolbox.

Yair Altman
http://UndocumentedMatlab.com
 

Tags for this Thread

No tags are associated with this thread.

What are tags?

A tag is like a keyword or category label associated with each thread. Tags make it easier for you to find threads of interest.

Anyone can tag a thread. Tags are public and visible to everyone.

Contact us