Discover MakerZone

MATLAB and Simulink resources for Arduino, LEGO, and Raspberry Pi

Learn more

Discover what MATLAB® can do for your career.

Opportunities for recent engineering grads.

Apply Today

Thread Subject:
Problem with a plot

Subject: Problem with a plot

From: dean86

Date: 28 Feb, 2013 15:28:08

Message: 1 of 4

Hi everyone,
I'm sorry for the problem that I'm going to explain you which maybe is something stupid but I am a beginner.
I have this plot where on the y axis I need to have as minimum value 9.90e+14 and max value 1.10e+19. I tried to use the command "axis" or "ylim" but I always have 0 as first point in my plot and because of this it seems I have some zero points on my graph but it's not true if you get a big zoom. So, do you know how I can fix this problem?
Thank you in advance to everyone.

Subject: Problem with a plot

From: dpb

Date: 28 Feb, 2013 15:39:54

Message: 2 of 4

On 2/28/2013 9:28 AM, dean86 wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm sorry for the problem that I'm going to explain you which maybe is
> something stupid but I am a beginner. I have this plot where on the y
> axis I need to have as minimum value 9.90e+14 and max value 1.10e+19. I
> tried to use the command "axis" or "ylim" but I always have 0 as first
> point in my plot and because of this it seems I have some zero points on
> my graph but it's not true if you get a big zoom. So, do you know how I
> can fix this problem?
> Thank you in advance to everyone.

Don't multiple-post the same question. Follow-up on the question
responded to in the other thread--altho I'll note that w/ a magnitude of
10E19 the problem is probably one of resolution..try semilogy() if your
data is all >0

--

Subject: Problem with a plot

From: dean86

Date: 28 Feb, 2013 15:56:08

Message: 3 of 4

dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <kgntn7$5tb$2@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 2/28/2013 9:28 AM, dean86 wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> > I'm sorry for the problem that I'm going to explain you which maybe is
> > something stupid but I am a beginner. I have this plot where on the y
> > axis I need to have as minimum value 9.90e+14 and max value 1.10e+19. I
> > tried to use the command "axis" or "ylim" but I always have 0 as first
> > point in my plot and because of this it seems I have some zero points on
> > my graph but it's not true if you get a big zoom. So, do you know how I
> > can fix this problem?
> > Thank you in advance to everyone.
>
> Don't multiple-post the same question. Follow-up on the question
> responded to in the other thread--altho I'll note that w/ a magnitude of
> 10E19 the problem is probably one of resolution..try semilogy() if your
> data is all >0
>
> --
I'm sorry to have replied the message but I didn't see my nickname (it isn't dpb) so I thought that, who knows why, my post was deleted. Anyway thank you very very much for your advice, I didn't know there is a specific command to plot in log scale, as I wrote, I'm a beginner. Thanks again.

Subject: Problem with a plot

From: Steven_Lord

Date: 28 Feb, 2013 17:07:56

Message: 4 of 4



"dean86 " <tuttonirvana@libero.it> wrote in message
news:kgnumo$h8r$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com...
> dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <kgntn7$5tb$2@speranza.aioe.org>...
>> On 2/28/2013 9:28 AM, dean86 wrote:
>> > Hi everyone,
>> > I'm sorry for the problem that I'm going to explain you which maybe is
>> > something stupid but I am a beginner. I have this plot where on the y
>> > axis I need to have as minimum value 9.90e+14 and max value 1.10e+19. I
>> > tried to use the command "axis" or "ylim" but I always have 0 as first
>> > point in my plot and because of this it seems I have some zero points
>> > on
>> > my graph but it's not true if you get a big zoom. So, do you know how I
>> > can fix this problem?
>> > Thank you in advance to everyone.
>>
>> Don't multiple-post the same question. Follow-up on the question
>> responded to in the other thread--altho I'll note that w/ a magnitude of
>> 10E19 the problem is probably one of resolution..try semilogy() if your
>> data is all >0
>>
>> --
> I'm sorry to have replied the message but I didn't see my nickname (it
> isn't dpb) so I thought that, who knows why, my post was deleted.

FYI if you're reading through the MATLAB Central newsreader you can add a
thread to your "watch list" to be notified when someone responds in the
thread. For example in your previous posting on this topic:

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/newsreader/view_thread/327150

look just above the "Tags for this Thread" box on the right side of the
page.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com
To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on
http://www.mathworks.com

Tags for this Thread

No tags are associated with this thread.

What are tags?

A tag is like a keyword or category label associated with each thread. Tags make it easier for you to find threads of interest.

Anyone can tag a thread. Tags are public and visible to everyone.

Contact us