Got Questions? Get Answers.
Discover MakerZone

MATLAB and Simulink resources for Arduino, LEGO, and Raspberry Pi

Learn more

Discover what MATLAB® can do for your career.

Opportunities for recent engineering grads.

Apply Today

Thread Subject:
I have a midi file want to convert to mp3 via matlab...have kts midi and mp3toolbox but the output is wierd, what to do?

Subject: I have a midi file want to convert to mp3 via matlab...have kts midi and mp3toolbox but the output is wierd, what to do?

From: DEVANAND

Date: 12 May, 2013 10:18:07

Message: 1 of 5

I have a midi file want to convert to mp3 via matlab...have mp3toolbox but the output is wierd, what to do? The input is just like a piano one and when converted I got output sounds as bugle !!!!! What to do?..... Or any other elegant way to convert these formats via matlab.

-TIA

Subject: I have a midi file want to convert to mp3 via matlab...have kts

From: Polly Onymy

Date: 12 May, 2013 12:56:41

Message: 2 of 5

On Sun, 12 May 2013 10:18:07 +0000, DEVANAND wrote:

> I have a midi file want to convert to mp3 via matlab...have mp3toolbox
> but the output is wierd, what to do? The input is just like a piano one
> and when converted I got output sounds as bugle !!!!! What to do?

Step 1: learn the difference between MIDI sound files and MP3 recorded music.

> Or any other elegant way to convert these formats via matlab.

What leads you to expect there is any such thing?

> -TIA

DYHWIA
(do your home work in advance)

Subject: I have a midi file want to convert to mp3 via matlab...have kts

From: DEVANAND

Date: 12 May, 2013 13:43:08

Message: 3 of 5

Polly Onymy <polly@ExistentialEnnuiAwareness.org> wrote in message <518f9189$0$21010$c3e8da3$1cbc7475@news.astraweb.com>...
> On Sun, 12 May 2013 10:18:07 +0000, DEVANAND wrote:
>
> > I have a midi file want to convert to mp3 via matlab...have mp3toolbox
> > but the output is wierd, what to do? The input is just like a piano one
> > and when converted I got output sounds as bugle !!!!! What to do?
>
> Step 1: learn the difference between MIDI sound files and MP3 recorded music.
>
> > Or any other elegant way to convert these formats via matlab.
>
> What leads you to expect there is any such thing?
>
> > -TIA
>
> DYHWIA
> (do your home work in advance)
Sir , my aim here is not to learn mp3 and midi formats.....just to get it as mp3 file. I would appreciate any free matlab programs.

Subject: I have a midi file want to convert to mp3 via matlab...have kts

From: Polly Onymy

Date: 12 May, 2013 21:07:20

Message: 4 of 5

On Sun, 12 May 2013 13:43:08 +0000, DEVANAND wrote:

> Polly Onymy <polly@ExistentialEnnuiAwareness.org> wrote in message
> <518f9189$0$21010$c3e8da3$1cbc7475@news.astraweb.com>...
>> On Sun, 12 May 2013 10:18:07 +0000, DEVANAND wrote:
>>
>> > I have a midi file want to convert to mp3 via matlab...have
>> > mp3toolbox but the output is wierd, what to do? The input is just
>> > like a piano one and when converted I got output sounds as bugle
>> > !!!!! What to do?
>>
>> Step 1: learn the difference between MIDI sound files and MP3 recorded
>> music.
>>
>> > Or any other elegant way to convert these formats via matlab.
>>
>> What leads you to expect there is any such thing?
>>
>> > -TIA
>>
>> DYHWIA (do your home work in advance)
> Sir , my aim here is not to learn mp3 and midi formats.....just to get
> it as mp3 file.

'Knowledge' and 'understanding' are not automatic and aren't delivered, gratis.

> I would appreciate any free matlab programs.

I'm not surprised at that. Why would i want to do your work for you?

Subject: I have a midi file want to convert to mp3 via matlab...have kts

From: DEVANAND

Date: 13 May, 2013 04:25:09

Message: 5 of 5

Polly Onymy <polly@ExistentialEnnuiAwareness.org> wrote in message <51900488$0$12168$c3e8da3$69010069@news.astraweb.com>...
> On Sun, 12 May 2013 13:43:08 +0000, DEVANAND wrote:
>
> > Polly Onymy <polly@ExistentialEnnuiAwareness.org> wrote in message
> > <518f9189$0$21010$c3e8da3$1cbc7475@news.astraweb.com>...
> >> On Sun, 12 May 2013 10:18:07 +0000, DEVANAND wrote:
> >>
> >> > I have a midi file want to convert to mp3 via matlab...have
> >> > mp3toolbox but the output is wierd, what to do? The input is just
> >> > like a piano one and when converted I got output sounds as bugle
> >> > !!!!! What to do?
> >>
> >> Step 1: learn the difference between MIDI sound files and MP3 recorded
> >> music.
> >>
> >> > Or any other elegant way to convert these formats via matlab.
> >>
> >> What leads you to expect there is any such thing?
> >>
> >> > -TIA
> >>
> >> DYHWIA (do your home work in advance)
> > Sir , my aim here is not to learn mp3 and midi formats.....just to get
> > it as mp3 file.
>
> 'Knowledge' and 'understanding' are not automatic and aren't delivered, gratis.
>
> > I would appreciate any free matlab programs.
>
> I'm not surprised at that. Why would i want to do your work for you?

Sorry sir, I accept my mistake. but I have little time. Also my aim is to post a composition work which made with keykit software in mp3 format. I have matlab to work with. So I asked.

Tags for this Thread

What are tags?

A tag is like a keyword or category label associated with each thread. Tags make it easier for you to find threads of interest.

Anyone can tag a thread. Tags are public and visible to everyone.

Contact us