Discover MakerZone

MATLAB and Simulink resources for Arduino, LEGO, and Raspberry Pi

Learn more

Discover what MATLAB® can do for your career.

Opportunities for recent engineering grads.

Apply Today

Thread Subject:
schrodinger equation

Subject: schrodinger equation

From: george veropoulos

Date: 16 Jul, 2013 10:26:10

Message: 1 of 5

Dear friends

i woud like to ask you if there a
matlab code or package to solving the shrondinger equation
in 2 dimension (x,y ) for a arbitary potential


thnak you in advance

Dr George veropoulos

Subject: schrodinger equation

From: Barry Williams

Date: 16 Jul, 2013 17:30:14

Message: 2 of 5

"george veropoulos" <veropgr@yahoo.gr> wrote in message <ks3742$37d$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Dear friends
>
> i woud like to ask you if there a
> matlab code or package to solving the shrondinger equation
> in 2 dimension (x,y ) for a arbitary potential
>
>
> thnak you in advance
>
> Dr George veropoulos

I'm assuming you meant Schrodinger. This gives a number of hits in the File Exchange. Did you try there?
Best,
Barry+

Subject: schrodinger equation

From: Barry Williams

Date: 16 Jul, 2013 17:51:10

Message: 3 of 5

"Barry Williams" <barry.r.williamsnospam@saic.com> wrote in message <ks3vv6$9hu$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "george veropoulos" <veropgr@yahoo.gr> wrote in message <ks3742$37d$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Dear friends
> >
> > i woud like to ask you if there a
> > matlab code or package to solving the shrondinger equation
> > in 2 dimension (x,y ) for a arbitary potential
> >
> >
> > thnak you in advance
> >
> > Dr George veropoulos
>
> I'm assuming you meant Schrodinger. This gives a number of hits in the File Exchange. Did you try there?

Also look Schroedinger in the FE. This gives several possible files. English doesn't handle the Umlaut in the name well, and it gets transliterated both ways.
> Best,
> Barry

Subject: schrodinger equation

From: george veropoulos

Date: 17 Jul, 2013 06:11:10

Message: 4 of 5

"Barry Williams" <barry.r.williamsnospam@saic.com> wrote in message <ks416d$d1i$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Barry Williams" <barry.r.williamsnospam@saic.com> wrote in message <ks3vv6$9hu$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > "george veropoulos" <veropgr@yahoo.gr> wrote in message <ks3742$37d$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > > Dear friends
> > >
> > > i woud like to ask you if there a
> > > matlab code or package to solving the shrondinger equation
> > > in 2 dimension (x,y ) for a arbitary potential
> > >
> > >
> > > thnak you in advance
> > >
> > > Dr George veropoulos
> >
> > I'm assuming you meant Schrodinger. This gives a number of hits in the File Exchange. Did you try there?
>
> Also look Schroedinger in the FE. This gives several possible files. English doesn't handle the Umlaut in the name well, and it gets transliterated both ways.
> > Best,
> > Barry

Dear Barry
yes i mean the time independent
 shrondinger equation but in two dimension. I find a code in mathwork site
that solve the shrondinger equation in one dimension qm1d.m


thank you
in advance

Subject: schrodinger equation

From: Nasser M. Abbasi

Date: 17 Jul, 2013 06:52:26

Message: 5 of 5

On 7/17/2013 1:11 AM, george veropoulos wrote:

>
> Dear Barry
> yes i mean the time independent
> shrondinger equation but in two dimension. I find a code in mathwork site
> that solve the shrondinger equation in one dimension qm1d.m
>
>
> thank you
> in advance
>

I found a journal which has numerical solution:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/qua.1063/abstract

"Numerical solution of a two-dimensional time-independent
Schrödinger equation by using symplectic schemes"

International Journal of Quantum Chemistry
Vol 83 Issue 5.



--Nasser

Tags for this Thread

What are tags?

A tag is like a keyword or category label associated with each thread. Tags make it easier for you to find threads of interest.

Anyone can tag a thread. Tags are public and visible to everyone.

Contact us