Since you are new, let us show you how Trendy works.

Close-button

Comments

Cool plot! (and very nice effects with html markup, annotations, ticklabels, etc.)

about 1 year ago
J.R.! Menzinger submitted a comment to the plot "World Mood 2"

Beatiful but... what about log-scale ;-)

about 1 year ago

Thanks! ;-)

about 1 year ago
Ned Gulley submitted a comment to the plot "Plot for Top Players in Cody"

Hi José:

I'm puzzled by that too. I'll keep working at it, but in the meantime, I changed your squared letters so they will display. I know you want your é and your ó back, but for now I think this is better than little white boxes.

about 1 year ago

Why looks now my name on the legend so "squared"?? :-(

here it looks good: http://www.mathworks.de/matlabcentral/trendy/plots/1167

about 1 year ago

There is a new player on the top 10... Mr. Clemens Giegerich! ;-)

about 1 year ago

When badges were added to Cody (end of 2012) it has created a bug in this graphic which made me to decrease to 3rd to 12th place... which is BTW my current place now.

about 1 year ago

Hey, heeeeeey!!! I'm also on this (veeeery) nice plot!! ;-)

over 1 year ago

What caused the cliff-like falloff behavior, recently and a couple times earlier? The recent drops are quite precipitous and don't look like they're caused by ordinary human behavior.

David

over 1 year ago

4.2 live!

over 1 year ago
Jonathan submitted a comment to the plot "Cody - Number of Players"

^apparently not!

over 1 year ago

Trends using the noaa temperature data link here should make sure they are pulling data at about the same time if they are going to compare. Though, its still possible to grab data from the same source with enough of a time gap between each data grab that the information pulled is incorrect. Would be handy to be able to update multiple trends from one page grab.

over 1 year ago

Oh, and all the old data was deleted so we can have a fresh start. :-)

over 1 year ago

Updated the trends to collect data at the same time every day, at either 5 or 6am EST depending on wether DST is active... no way to indicate time of collection other than in UTC... Either trendy needs to be fixed for a more consistent time capability, or all the worlds governments need to hurry up and come to their senses so they can end daylight savings time practices.

over 1 year ago

you'll never walk alone

over 1 year ago
Aurelien Queffurust submitted a comment to the plot "Top 50 Cody players"

I do not manage to find the best location for my legend : either the legend is truncated , or subplot 212 becomes too small

over 1 year ago

Shows plot as broken:
Error using minmax
Too many output arguments.

However I do not use minmax to create this plot and the plot regeneration works fine. I'm confused...

almost 2 years ago
Albert Yam submitted a comment to the trend "Toronto Gas price"

fail ..I have no idea what UTC time is ..

almost 2 years ago

... and the recent rescoring of solutions to eliminate the feval trick has provided a small drop in the score for some of use :-)

almost 2 years ago
Aurelien Queffurust submitted a comment to the plot "Top 50 Cody players"

14-Dec-2012 I am Alone in the interval [7000-8000]. Both Richard and @bmtran seem unreacheable!

almost 2 years ago

Today I posted link at vk.com group (1100 subscribers).

almost 2 years ago
Ned Gulley submitted a comment to the plot "Plot for Top Players in Cody"

Badges, introduced in mid-November, provided a big one-time jump in the scores.

almost 2 years ago
Aurelien Queffurust submitted a comment to the plot "Top 50 Cody players"

29-October-2012 : new player above 7000 pts!

August 27th, 2012 :
This Trendy was again discussed on the blog "MATLAB Spoken Here" http://blogs.mathworks.com/community/2012/08/27/learn-about-matlab-plots-using-trendy/

about 2 years ago

In 4 months (121 days), it happened only 3 times that the temperature was higher in Paris ...

about 2 years ago

ah surprise ! you have a new challenger ;)

about 2 years ago
Ned Gulley submitted a comment to the plot "Plot for Top Players in Cody"

Right. That's what WAS happening, but it shouldn't have that problem anymore.

about 2 years ago

Ah ok , you mean that if one Cody player is not in your playerTable , the Trendy will fail.

about 2 years ago
Ned Gulley submitted a comment to the plot "Plot for Top Players in Cody"

Thanks for the reminder...

It wasn't the NaN. My code looks up each players name based on their profile ID, and my name table didn't yet include Khaled, because he has made such a meteoric rise. Should be a little more robust now.

about 2 years ago

Your plit is broken , maybe it comes (like me) from the bug of 14 Sep 2012 06:07:17 . Trendy has returned NaN .

about 2 years ago

I am fair play : I did not delete the first data which show that there was some rain at home and not in Paris !!
Anyway it is so rare that this scenario occurs ...

about 2 years ago
Aurelien Queffurust submitted a comment to the plot "Top 50 Cody players"

wow I finally managed to show correctly the evolution of score .
Until this fix , legend was wrong and all data were linear.
Now we can see that when a Cody player has scored above 2000 points , the red line decreases whereas the black line increases ...

about 2 years ago

If we look at the mean temperature, we can use the formula "Six degrees of separation" !!

about 2 years ago

I find it interesting that the level of US debt per capita is around the same as the approximately $51k median household income in the USA... so that $51k median household income gets divided amongst the household, but the debt burden is for EACH individual in the household. For some reason, economists think the median is more useful than the mean... so Im not finding that number right now, but it would be more useful for this discussion. So instead, lets consider GDP per capita.

In terms of GDP (sorry, only found 2011 data), the US has a GDP per capita of ~$48k. ~$39k for the UK, and ~$50k in Canada. So that begs some questions both about affordability of our debt here in the USA, vs that of our neighbors to the north and across the pond. From eyeballing the graph, thats a GDP per capita of ~ 4x the debt per capita in the UK. ~2.7x in Canada. ~1x in the USA. Of course thats comparing 2011 GDP to the beginning of the year.

about 2 years ago

So, it also just occured to me, that yes the data is normalized... but it was still collected in the respective currencies of the countries in question. And each trend is only normalized to its first data point... In fact, might be more interesting to see the actual numbers, translated to a common monetary unit.

Will have to collect the data with respect to a common unit, based upon each day's exchange rate. Also, it would be interesting to see another with just the current exchange rate. With roughly $1.6 USD per british lb, this picture, visually, should look a little different than it does.

about 2 years ago

With the granularity given by the US data, any idea what the jumps/drops can be attributed to?

If anything significant, would be cool to drop the annotations on the plot too. In particular, roundabouts where it starts back in Feb, again in May, the up and down again in Jun, then the upward shift in July.

Also, since everyone is focused on cutting spending, maybe some of the major inflection points for spending rates... If you dont get to it anytime soon, maybe i'll do some modified versions of the plot after my move. :-)

about 2 years ago
Kevin Holst submitted a comment to the plot "Plot for Truthiness Scores"

Romney has taken a dive through July and August...

about 2 years ago

Fixed, error due to website change.

about 2 years ago

If Cody was on the Olympic games , I would have had the bronze medal !

@29 Jul 2012 06:06:46 , all the scores are reset for the new season 2012-2013

about 2 years ago

3.21 yeap let's go to upgrade!

over 2 years ago

cool! It looks like very nice now with the legend.

over 2 years ago
Ned Gulley submitted a comment to the plot "Plot for Top Players in Cody"

Thanks for pointing out the problem Aurelien! I meant to cycle through the current leaders, but instead I was cycling through the top ten when I started gathering data. Should be fixed now.

over 2 years ago

Ned,
Is is correctly updated ? I mean I see that for example the trend of Mark is not updated anymore (he is currently 11th) , we should see the other Cody player James instead.

over 2 years ago
Luke submitted a comment to the plot "Automotive Depreciation (BMW z4)"

I so look forward to seeing how this trends. Thanks Bob!

over 2 years ago

very nice plot!

over 2 years ago

12-Jul-2012: same player (Richard b. ) has given 7 different correct solutions which explains the jump of the blue line

over 2 years ago

Yes I am in the big four !

over 2 years ago
Ned Gulley submitted a comment to the plot "Extrasolar Planets"
over 2 years ago