Grid Engine and Sun N1 Grid Engine
Sun Microsystems supports both the open-source Grid Engine and the commercial N1 Grid Engine scheduling systems.
Integration with Parallel Computing Toolbox and MATLAB Distributed Computing Server
Parallel Computing Toolbox and MATLAB Distributed Computing Server can be integrated in computing environments managed by the two schedulers using the generic scheduler interface API that is available with the MathWorks products. Examples are also provided.
Grid Engine offers several features, including:
- Ability to manage multiple applications that include MathWorks parallel computing products
- Enterprise-grade scalability
- Flexible, extensible resource management capabilities including resource reservation and backfilling
- Sophisticated scheduler with advanced planning abilities including support for job arrays
- Detailed statistics gathering for analysis and utility billing
- Support for virtually all commercial operation systems including Linux, Mac, and Windows
The following resources provide information on Grid Engine: