Released September 1, 2007
What's New in Release 2007b
R2007b includes Simulink 7, new features in MATLAB, two new products released since R2007a, and updates and bug fixes to 82 other products. Subscribers to MathWorks Software Maintenance Service can download R2007b product updates.
R2007b introduces a major new feature: C code generation from Embedded MATLAB functions directly at the MATLAB command line, using Real-Time Workshop. In addition, Embedded MATLAB Function blocks in Simulink support algorithms in multiple M-files.
New capabilities for the Simulink product family include:
- Simulation accelerators in Simulink provide compiled simulations and dual-core or dual-processor operation
- Normal mode model reference for component-based modeling in Simulink
- Bidirectional tracing and new target-specific code optimization architecture in Real-Time Workshop Embedded Coder and embedded target products
- Code generation for Simscape and SimHydraulics
- HDL code generation from Embedded MATLAB Function blocks and support for multirate designs in Simulink HDL Coder
- Continuous time support in Stateflow, with zero crossing detection and differential equation authoring
- Support for parallel computing in SystemTest using Distributed Computing Toolbox
- Simulink Design Verifier, a new product for test generation and property proving
New capabilities for the MATLAB product family include:
- Support for numerical arrays >2x109 elements on 64-bit operating systems for many MATLAB functions
- Ability to read MPEG, WMV, and other video formats on Windows platforms in MATLAB
- Video viewer and ROI tools for polygon, ellipse, and freehand selections in Image Processing Toolbox
- Interleaving of parallel and serial code with the
parforfunction in Distributed Computing Toolbox
- Interactive graphics for the Web, using AJAX to enable rotate, zoom, and pan in
MATLAB Builder for Java
- Support for Reuters Market Data System in Datafeed Toolbox
* Indicates product was introduced via the Web after R2007a and is now available on the R2007b DVD.
** Indicates product was introduced after R2007b and is available via the Web.
Product with License-Related Changes
Please refer to MathWorks Release 2007b Product with License-Related Changes for information on changes to Simulink Accelerator.