Release 2009b Service Pack 1 is now available.
Service packs provide updates to previously released versions of MathWorks products. Release 2009b Service Pack 1 (R2009bSP1), released April 1, 2010, includes bug fixes to nine products and updates to five products to ensure compatibility with other products in this release. Products that do not include bug fixes or compatibility updates are unchanged from R2009b versions. R2009bSP1 is fully compatible with R2009b, has been tested for production use, and is available for download.
What's New in Release 2009b
Release 2009b includes new features in MATLAB and Simulink, and updates and bug fixes to 83 other products. R2009b adds support for the 64-bit Mac platform. Subscribers to MathWorks Software Maintenance Service can download product updates. R2009b also includes enhancements to the License Center, the online tool for activating software and managing your license and user information.
New capabilities for the MATLAB product family include:
- Redesigned Help browser, access to the MATLAB Central File Exchange directly from MATLAB, and other desktop enhancements
- Expanded multicore support for functions in MATLAB and Image Processing Toolbox, and parallel support for functions in Statistics Toolbox
- New interface in Parallel Computing Toolbox for accessing and manipulating distributed arrays on a cluster
- Support for processing arbitrarily large image files in Image Processing Toolbox
- Support for search and retrieval of geographic data sets from Web Map Service (WMS) servers in Mapping Toolbox
- Global settings to simplify arithmetic with fixed-point variables in Fixed-Point Toolbox
New capabilities for the Simulink product family include:
- Variable size signals and data in Simulink, Signal Processing Blockset, and Embedded MATLAB code for simulation and code generation
- Model variants for managing design alternatives for Simulink and Real-Time Workshop
- Turnkey PID controller blocks in Simulink and automated tuning with Simulink Control Design
- Reduced data copies with Real-Time Workshop and customizable matrix operations for embedded signal processing code generation
- Model Advisor Configuration Editor to manage and deploy configurations and custom checks in Simulink Verification and Validation
- New interactive compilation report for analyzing array sizes and other Embedded MATLAB code characteristics
* Indicates product was introduced after R2009b and is available via the Web.
** Part of Release 2009bSP1, which includes bug fixes or updates to ensure compatibility with other products in this Service Pack release.
Products with License-Related Changes
Please refer to MathWorks Release 2009b Products with License-Related Changes for details.