This application installs the SolidWorks-to-SimMechanics translator as an
add-in, which allows you to save SolidWorks CAD assemblies in the Physical Modeling
XML file format. SimMechanics can read these files to generate Simulink models.
To use the translator, you must first install it, then link it to SolidWorks.
To Install the SolidWorks-to-SimMechanics Translator
You do not need MATLAB� or any MATLAB component, such
as SimMechanics, to install the SolidWorks-to-SimMechanics translator add-in. You need to have SolidWorks installed.
- Download the SolidWorks-to-SimMechanics translator self-extracting archive
- Run the archive. A confirmation window appears. Click Setup to
start installation, or click Cancel to abort.
- Once you start, the installer continues and opens a Setup Wizard. Continue
by clicking Next.
- Enter an installation directory, use the Browse button to select
another, or accept the default directory provided. Click Next.
- Confirm the installation by clicking Next. The installation
proceeds to completion. Click Close to finish. A Web browser opens,
displaying this README file.
Define the translator installation directory as $INSTALL.
To Link SolidWorks-to-SimMechanics Translator
The translator is automatically linked to SolidWorks after installation, but
you can link and unlink it manually as well. To link:
- After you have completed the preceding steps to install the translator, start
SolidWorks and close any introductory dialogs.
- Choose Add-Ins from the Tools menu, and then select SimMechanics.
Click OK to link the translator to SolidWorks.
To View Documentation and Examples
The installation of the SolidWorks-to-SimMechanics translator includes documentation and example files separate from the
MATLAB� Help system. Relative to the translator installation, you can view
these respective file sets in
The documentation includes an HTML page and a PDF
book. The examples consist of sample assemblies and parts.
To Unlink the SolidWorks-to-SimMechanics Translator
- Open the SolidWorks Tools menu, then go to Add-Ins.
- Clear the SimMechanics entry and click OK. Then close SolidWorks.
To Uninstall the SolidWorks-to-SimMechanics Translator
First unlink the SolidWorks-to-SimMechanics translator from SolidWorks. Then
uninstall the translator through either of these steps:
- In the translator $INSTALL/ directory, double-click the
executable file labeled uninstall.bat.
Confirm the uninstallation by clicking Yes or abort by clicking No.
If you confirm, the uninstaller runs until
- From the Windows operating system Control Panel, select Add or Remove
Programs. Locate the SolidWorks-to-SimMechanics translator. Follow the
Windows steps for removing the translator.
The uninstallation procedure removes all SolidWorks-to-SimMechanics translators
on your system in a single step.
NOTE: Manually deleting the files is not sufficient to completely
uninstall the translator because it is recorded in the Windows registry. You must
carry out the uninstallation procedure to fully remove the translator.
SolidWorks is a registered trademark of SolidWorks Corporation in the United
States and/or other countries.
� 2003-2006 The MathWorks, Inc. -