|Day 1 of 1|
Objective: Read text files that contain a mixture of data types, delimiters, and headers.
- Import a mixture of data types from arbitrarily formatted text files
- Import data from separate sections of a text file
- Import only required columns of data from a text file
Objective: Explore techniques to organize and process data stored in various data types.
- Extract data from cell arrays
- Convert between different representations of dates and times
- Extract subsets of data using a logical condition
- Process data with missing elements
- Aggregate and count groups of data
|Making Customized Visualizations|
Objective: Communicate the results of an analysis using the plotting capabilities of MATLAB. Annotate and modify standard plots to produce publication-quality graphics.
- Explore the hierarchy of Handle Graphics® objects
- Determine property names and values associated with graphics objects
- Locate and manipulate graphics objects
- Customize plots by modifying properties of graphics objects
|Automating the Analysis Process|
Objective: Automatically import, organize, and visualize data contained in multiple files.
- Extract data from structure arrays
- Create user-defined functions for importing, processing, and visualizing data
- Create scripts to automatically process multiple files in a directory
|Creating Images, Surfaces, and Animations|
Objective: Create two- and three-dimensional visualizations of three-dimensional data. Use animations to visualize changes in data over time.
- Interpolate irregularly spaced three-dimensional data
- Visualize three-dimensional data in two and three dimensions
- Create animations