Integrating Code with Simulink
Simulink for System and Algorithm Modeling
, MATLAB Fundamentals
, and knowledge of C programming
|Day 1 of 1
|Code Integration Methods
Objective: Become familiar with the various code integration methods and discuss how a Simulink model interacts with user-defined blocks.
- Overview of all methods of code integration
- Introduction to S-functions
|Transitioning from MATLAB to Simulink
Objective: Integrate MATLAB code into Simulink models.
- Writing a MATLAB function in a MATLAB Function block
- Converting a MATLAB function to a MATLAB Function block
- MATLAB Function block coding standards
|Calling External Routines
Objective: Integrate C code into a Simulink model using automated tools.
- Calling an external C routine with the Legacy Code Tool
- Calling an external C routine in a MATLAB Function block
|Writing Wrapper S-Functions
Objective: Integrate C code into a Simulink model by manually writing C MEX S-functions.
- Writing a C MEX S-function
- Calling external code from a C MEX S-function
- Work vectors
- Inheriting input and output port dimensions
- Additional macros
|Code Generation Considerations
Objective: Explore the procedures and limitations for automatically generating code with Simulink Coder™.
- Generating code from a MATLAB Function block
- Generating code from C MEX S-functions (Legacy Code Tool)
|Code Integration Methods Review
Objective: Review code integration methods and discuss the pros and cons of each.
- Review of all methods of code integration
- How to choose a code integration method