|Day 1 of 1
|Introduction to Multibody Simulation
Objective: Discuss the components that make up mechanical models and how to define them in the SimMechanics environment.
- Coordinate frames
Objective: Create custom and complex rigid bodies, and parameterize parts for reusable SimMechanics models.
- Defining geometries
- Creating compound bodies
- Specifying body interfaces
- Parameterizing bodies for reuse
Objective: Define and configure kinematics of a multibody machine in SimMechanics.
- Reusing existing components
- Specifying degrees of freedom
- Sensing and logging simulation results
- Adding stiffness and damping to joints
- Setting initial conditions
- Guiding and verifying an assembled mechanism
|Importing CAD Models into SimMechanics
Objective: Import existing parts and mechanisms from CAD platforms into SimMechanics.
- Visualizing bodies with CAD geometries
- Identifying the different CAD import workflows
- Exporting from CAD software
- Importing into SimMechanics
- Features captured by SimMechanics Link
|Connecting to Simscape and Simulink
Objective: Illustrate the ways that SimMechanics blocks can interact with Simscape and Simulink blocks.
- Adding a combustion model using Simscape
- Actuating the piston head
- Sensing constraint forces on joints
- Adding a control system for throttle
- Creating a multidomain physical model