Supported and Compatible Compilers – Release 2008a
Technical Note 1601Choose your platform:
MATLAB® 7.6, Simulink® 7.1, and Related Products
(MEX, Engine, MAT-file Access)
(Shared Library Interface) 1
|MATLAB® Compiler™ 4.8||MATLAB® Builder™ JA 2.0.1||Simulink® 7.1||Simulink® 7.1
|Stateflow® 7.1||Real-Time Workshop® 7.1 2|
|GNU® gcc / g++ 3||4.1.2||√||√||√||√||√|
|Sun™ Studio 11 cc/CC 4||5.8||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Sun™ Studio 11 f90||8.2||√||√ 5|
|Sun™ Studio 12 cc/CC 6||5.9||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Sun™ Studio 12 f90||8.3||√||√ 5|
|Sun™ Java™ Development Kit (JDK)||1.5||√|
To determine the version of your compiler, see Solution 1-1880F.
Notes for the Solaris Platform
- You must install a C compiler to use LOADLIBRARY on a 64-bit platform.
- Includes Real-Time Workshop Embedded Coder and Stateflow Coder compiler support.
- When using C++, MATLAB and related products rely on the availability of exception handling in the C++ language. These compilers do not properly support C++ exception handling. Consequently, our support for exception handling is limited with these compilers. You can find more information in Solution 1-4OKNSV.
- There is a bug in the Sun Studio 11 cc/CC 5.8 compiler that can, in some instances, cause incorrect results. Sun has released Patch 120760-12 2007/03/19 to address the issue. For more information, see Solution 1-431HK0.
- Fortran compilers are supported with Simulink® only for creating Simulink S-functions using the MATLAB® MEX command. The S-functions can be used with normal and accelerated simulations.
- Patch 124861-01 to the Sun Studio 12 cc/CC 5.9 compiler introduced a bug that can, in some instances, cause incorrect results. Sun has released Patch 124861-06 2008/05/06 to address the issue. For more information, see Solution 1-6IJJ4C.