Supported and Compatible Compilers – Release 2009a
Technical Note 1601Choose your platform:
MATLAB 7.8, Simulink 7.3, and Related Products
(MEX, Engine, MAT-file Access)
(Shared Library Interface) 1
|MATLAB Compiler 4.10||MATLAB Builder JA 2.0.3||Simulink 7.3||Simulink 7.3
|Stateflow 7.3||Real-Time Workshop 7.3 2|
|GNU gcc/g++ 3||4.1.2||√||√||√||√||√|
|Sun Java Development Kit (JDK)||1.5||√|
|Sun Studio 11 cc/CC 4, 5||5.8||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Sun Studio 11 f90 5||8.2||√||√ 6|
|Sun Studio 12 cc/CC 7||5.9||√||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Sun Studio 12 f90||8.3||√||√ 6|
To determine the version of your compiler, see Solution 1-1880F.
Notes for the Solaris (64-bit) Platform
- You must install a C compiler to use LOADLIBRARY on a 64-bit platform.
- Includes Real-Time Workshop Embedded Coder and Stateflow Coder compiler support.
- When using C++, MATLAB and related products rely on the availability of exception handling in the C++ language. Because these compilers do not properly support C++ exception handling, our support for exception handling is limited. You can find more information in Solution 1-4OKNSV.
- There is a bug in the Sun Studio 11 cc/CC 5.8 compiler that can, in some instances, cause incorrect results. Sun has released Patch 120760-12 2007/03/19 to address the issue. For more information, see Solution 1-431HK0.
- These compilers are being phased out and will not be supported in a future release.
- Fortran compilers are supported with Simulink only for creating Simulink S-functions using the MATLAB MEX command. The S-functions can be used with normal and accelerated simulations.
- Patch 124861-01 to the Sun Studio 12 cc/CC 5.9 compiler introduced a bug that can, in some instances, cause incorrect results. Sun has released Patch 124861-06 2008/05/06 to address the issue. For more information, see Solution Solution 1-6IJJ4C.