System Requirements - Release 12
Choose your Operating System
- CD-ROM drive (for installation)
- Netscape Navigator 4.0 and above or Microsoft Internet Explorer
4.0 and above is required.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 3.0 is required to view and print the
MATLAB online documentation in PDF format.
- Some license types require a license server running FLEXlm
6.1, which is provided by the MathWorks installer.
- TCP/IP is required on all platforms when using a license server.
- Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98 (original and Second Edition), Windows
Millennium Edition, Windows NT 4.0 (with Service Pack 5 for Y2K compliancy
or Service Pack 6a) or Windows 2000
- Pentium, Pentium Pro, Pentium II, Pentium III, Pentium IV* or
AMD Athlon based personal computer
- 64 MB RAM minimum, 128 MB RAM recommended
- Disk space varies depending on size of partition and installation
of online help files. The MATLAB installer will inform you of the hard
disk space requirement for your particular partition. For example:
- Partition with a 4K byte cluster size requires 120 MB for MATLAB
only and 260 MB for MATLAB with online help files.
- 8-bit graphics adapter and display (for 256 simultaneous colors)
- Other recommended items include:
- MS Windows supported graphics accelerator card
- MS Windows supported printer
- MS Windows supported sound card
- Microsoft Word 7.0 (Office 95), 8.0 (Office 97) or Office 2000 is
required to run the MATLAB Notebook .
- One of the following is required to build your own MEX-files:
- Compaq Visual Fortran 5.0 or 6.1
- Microsoft Visual C/C++ version 5.0 or 6.0
- Borland C/C++ version 5.0, 5.02
- Borland C++Builder version 3.0, 4.0, or 5.0
- WATCOM version 10.6 or 11
- LCC 2.4 (bundled with MATLAB)
Compiler vendors are constantly upgrading their products. View an up-to-date list of supported compiler versions.
Requirements are for all MathWorks Products except the MATLAB