Alan Hwang, MathWorks
In this webinar we introduce the concepts involved in migrating image and video processing algorithms to embedded processors such as DSPs or FPGAs. A demonstration using MATLAB and Simulink will present the following:
• Converting an algorithm from floating-point to fixed-point math
• Adjusting an algorithm to accommodate small memory footprints
• Generating C-code that targets DSPs
• Developing a Simulink model for an algorithm that targets FPGAs
• Verifying and testing results using hardware-in-the-loop
This webinar also features highlights in MATLAB and Simulink such as Embedded MATLAB, fixed-point modeling, multi-rate modeling, c-code generation, and hardware targets.
This webinar assumes some familiarity with MATLAB and Simulink. For users interested in learning about image and video processing capabilities in MATLAB prior to the webinar, please see examples available on The MathWorks website here.
Note: Video and Image Processing Blockset has been renamed to Computer Vision System Toolbox as of R2011a. This product restructuring reflects the broad expansion of computer vision capabilities for the MATLAB and Simulink environments. Computer Vision System Toolbox requires Image Processing Toolbox.
Recorded: 26 Feb 2009